Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
skaboytd
skaboytd began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital, enTourage Pocket eDGe
enTourage eDGe game controller

Good Day All,

Well for those of you who want to do a little gaming on your eDGe we have a cool little project for you. (Thanks Jim for the great idea and help). This is a modded SNES controller with a USB keyboard encoder inside. Works great with Snesoid and because it is a straight USB keyboard it should work with just about everything. We are going to clean up the plans and post them online. Here are a few pix of the controller in action.

Ja mata ne
Skaboytd

Last edited by skaboytd; 09-26-2011 at 03:19 PM.
skaboytd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
mpierre
mpierre began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
Wow! This is awesome...

It's making me feel even more in love with my new tablet.

Can you give more information so the rest of us can replicate the results?
mpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
skaboytd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpierre View Post
Wow! This is awesome...

It's making me feel even more in love with my new tablet.

Can you give more information so the rest of us can replicate the results?
We will try to get the plans up A.S.A.P. we are using a 7 dollar usb keyboard that we gutted and a genuine Super Nintendo controller. Total cost somewhere between 15 to 20 dollars to make.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Did you guys do anything specific to get the SNES emulator on your Edge to work because I can still only get the NES and Gameboy ones to work.

Thanks in Advance

[edit] also if you have wiimotes and don't require the extra buttons (i.e. for the NES and GB Emulators) then you can use them and the app in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=wii in order to wirelessly play games on your edge.

Last edited by mokel22; 09-26-2011 at 06:24 PM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
skaboytd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
Did you guys do anything specific to get the SNES emulator on your Edge to work because I can still only get the NES and Gameboy ones to work.

Thanks in Advance

[edit] also if you have wiimotes and don't require the extra buttons (i.e. for the NES and GB Emulators) then you can use them and the app in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=wii in order to wirelessly play games on your edge.
Under other settings in Snesoid check use "C" core. That's what got it running for me. The speed is smooth and play is perfect. I played with WIIMote first. It works great but the bluetooth sucks down your power and this was just a easy way to make a stick that was perfect for Snesoid and small enough to drop in your pocket.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaboytd View Post
Under other settings in Snesoid check use "C" core. That's what got it running for me. The speed is smooth and play is perfect. I played with WIIMote first. It works great but the bluetooth sucks down your power and this was just a easy way to make a stick that was perfect for Snesoid and small enough to drop in your pocket.

Words nor emoticons can stress the joy you have brought me with this solution. I can die happy now. Thank you.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Ah man, now if only you could apply that to regular android games. They're jumpy and impossibly slow
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
zephyrjs
zephyrjs began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Hello! Sorry for dredging up a really old thread - I haven't been able to get the GBA emulator working (GameBoid). SNesoid works great (having enabled the "C" option as described above). I can't find any magic settings on GameBoid to make it work; is there another emulator I could try, or some magic setting I might have missed?

Thanks!

[Edit - question answered here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?t=144696]

Last edited by zephyrjs; 02-20-2012 at 02:34 PM.
zephyrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
zephyrjs
zephyrjs began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Also - it appears that the WiimoteController app doesn't work on my Pocket eDGe - it just dies after the Wiimote connects. Has anyone had any success getting this working?

Thanks again!

[Edit: The problem was I had the classic controller plugged in. That immediately kills it on the PE. Works fine without it!]

[Edit: Same problem with the nunchuk.]

Last edited by zephyrjs; 02-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.
zephyrjs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy, game, hardware