Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Mad_Robot
Mad_Robot began at the beginning.

Device: na
calibre - send to device - android running Nook App.

Please help me...

I use a GalaxyTab 7 as my eReader.
I use the 'Nook App' as my eReader software.
I have adjusted the following..
calibre - settings - plugins - device interface plugins - android driver -> save template =
to the following.. /Nook/My Documents/{title}-{authors}

When 'sending books' to the SD card, everything is fine.. they show up at
(note: I'm linux)
/media/GALAXYTABSD/Nook/My Documents/

However.. I have a problem when trying to send to internal memory...
When 'sending books' to the Internal-Memory they show up at...
/media/GALAXYTABINT/eBooks/import/Nook/My Documents/

i.e. when sending to 'Main Memory', the directory sub-structure "eBooks/Import" gets pre-appended.

I have looked around quite a bit, but I can't seem to see how to fix this.

Can someone please tell me what is going on here, and how I might fix it?
oh.. long story short.. I swap out SD cards regularly, so I want the books on internal memory.

Thanks.

Mad Robot.
Mad_Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the last setting in the android plugin to control where books are sent in the main memory.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
Mad_Robot

Thanks for the quick feedback.. but I still have something 'goofed up'.
If I am doing (correctly) as you suggest..
* calibre - settings - plugins - device interface plugins - android driver -> save template =
/Nook/My Documents/{title}-{authors}
AND
* calibre - settings - plugins - device interface plugins - android driver -> (Last Box/setting) =
/Nook/My Documents/

I get the following problems..
Main-Memory-send results = /Nook/My Documents/Nook/My Documents/EBOOK.epub (this is bad)
sdCard-send results = /Nook/My Documents/EBOOK.epub (this is good)

If I change the settings to ...
* calibre - settings - plugins - device interface plugins - android driver -> save template =
{title}-{authors}
AND
* calibre - settings - plugins - device interface plugins - android driver -> (Last Box/setting) =
/Nook/My Documents/

I get the following problems..
Main-Memory-send results = /Nook/My Documents/EBOOK.epub (This is good)
sdCard-send results = EBOOK.epub (This is bad)

So, it looks to me that I can have one or the other.. ie configured for main-memory or configured for sdcard.

Side note:
* I was also getting bit because I was changing the settings and not quitting the calibre-app.
I noticed this when I changed the 'My Documents' to 'Johns Docs' as a test.. and the change didn't take until I quit and started the app again.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There should be no need to put the books into a specific directory on the card. The Nook app will pick books from anywhere on the card. But yes, you cannot do that in calibre. The save template will apply to both locations.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Mad_Robot

Thanks for all your help!
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Mad_Robot

Quick Update:

This is for those who might be in the same boat as I am.. with the Barnes and Noble App on an Android device (mine is a GalaxyTab)

kovidgoyal helped with my questions concerning Calibre.

However, (I) had problems getting books on my device.
I new something had changed.. because I didn't have problems using calibre in the past.. but of late I did have problems.

Here is what I found. At least with the 'B&N Nook app' version 2.7.1.5....
* The user document folder has changed from /Nook/My Documents TO /Nook/MyDocuments
i.e. no space in the folder name.
* placing an epub on the sdcard root is not seen by the Nook App.
* placing epubs in the /Nook/MyDocuments folder with the epubs nested in their own directories is not seen by the Nook App.
i.e. /Nook/MyDocuments/book.epub = good.... /Nook/MyDocuments/author/book.epub = bad.
* I did most testing on books being in main-memory.
So, there maybe further sdcard config scenarios that work.. however, I did not try them.
* my calibre settings are currently as follows...
calibre - preferences - plugins - device interface plugins - android driver - customize plugin - save_template = {title}-{authors}
calibre - preferences - plugins - device interface plugins - android driver - customize plugin - (2nd box) = /Nook/MyDocuments

I hope this helps someone.

MR.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
gardavis
Actual Member
gardavis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Android App
I used the Connect to folder device and specified my SDCard on K: as K:\Nook\MyDocuments. I copied ebooks to the device and they wound up in subfolders named by author and the app is finding them OK.

My main memory is on L: and has no Nook folder. I did not try to create Nook\MyDocuments there to see if the app would find ebooks there too.

Thanks,
Gary Davis
Webguild.com
gardavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, ebooks import, folder, internal memory, nook app