Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
tongsan
tongsan began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
saving annotations in borrowed library books?

hello folks,
I have a Nook Color but this question goes for all EPUB format readers I think...

I'm starting to check e-books out from my local library--and the NC lets me annotate them as I read, which is great. BUT how to I save those annotations when the book goes back to the library and disappears from my NC?

thanks!
tongsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
AFAIK you cannot, apart from screen captures and the like. But annotation is all vendor specific at this point so it may be that someone has a mechanism for this.

Kindle will back up annotations for library books (when it supports the library borrowing feature), and if you end up purchasing the book, they'll be there.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, library ebooks, nook color, note taking