Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #16
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
I have another complaint which is tangentially related to sideloaded content. The Shelf interface is time-consuming to use to organize ebooks. Maybe not on the first go-around, but on successive go-arounds.
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #17
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
FYI - If you have a really large library of non-B&N books, then you will probably need to store them on SD card rather than the Touch main memory. The Touch only has 250MB of its internal memory allocated to side-loaded books; the rest is reserved for B&N content.
Thanks, that's good to know. I will make sure to buy one. I currently have more than 60 books to side load and I don't even have my Nook yet.
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Assorted Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
Thanks, that's good to know. I will make sure to buy one. I currently have more than 60 books to side load and I don't even have my Nook yet.
As annoying as that limitation of space for sideloaded contentis, do remember that it's in most cases quite a few books. There are of course quite a lot of exceptions, but the vast majority of my ePubs are well under 1 MB, meaning I can get a couple of hundred of them in the space Nook gives me.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #19
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; iPad Mini Retina; Sonys; Nooks
I agree with Asawi that with 60 books you'll be ok with internal memory, but you might want an SD card for future growth. About 65% of my library files are smaller than 1MB. Only about 2% are greater than 10MB each. It really depends on what you plan to sideload.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, nook, sony 650