Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Razzie
Razzie doesn't litterRazzie doesn't litterRazzie doesn't litter

Device: kindle
How to move a book from ADE into Calibre?

Oh please someone help! I'm trying to figure out how to get a just-purchased epub book from Adobe Digital Editions into Calibre so I can remove the DRM and read it on my kindle.. I've installed the DRM removal plugins.

However: If I try to "get book" from the download folder, all Calibre finds is an address for the book that doesn't turn into a book, despite plugins that were supposed to remove the DRM. I tried sending the file to my kindle, but that didn't work either. I'm also unable to "get book" from my ADE library, because ADE doesn't show up in the list of selectable things on my desktop and Calibre doesn't see it.
So how in the world do I get the book into Calibre in a form in which the DRM can be stripped and I can read it on my kindle?

Thanks, all you gurus out there.
Razzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9
For a book in Adobe Digital Editions, the process to add a book to Calibre is to click on the Add Books button on the upper left. Point to the "My Documents\My Digital Editions" folder and select the book you want to add.

Then click on Convert Books to change from ePub to Mobi.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
Razzie
Razzie doesn't litterRazzie doesn't litterRazzie doesn't litter

Device: kindle
THANK YOU!!
Razzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe digital edition, calibre, conversion problems, kindle