Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Oberon Covers

Would a Oberon cover made for a K3 fit a Kobo Wifi? The covers on the Oberon site are gorgeous!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
You could check the dimensions of the Kobo against those of the K3, or you may want to consider what I did. I bought a Nook (original) and an Oberon cover, then decided the Nook wasn't for me. But I loved the cover, so when I bought my 3rd generation Kindle, I modified the cover to fit the K3. Of course, it helps that the K3 is smaller than the Nook. Here are the results:

Admittedly, my stitching (I had to use a leather awl) is not up to Oberon's standards, but it proved serviceable:

I added a wrist strap (from a camera that's no longer serviceable) to keep it from dropping on the floor should I fall asleep while reading.

As you can see, the outside is still all Oberon.

By the way, if you're wondering where those numbers came from above the keyboard, that's a decal a friend made for me.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
From the picture it looks like the strap on the upper right corner is perilously close to the Touch's power slider but it may work with Wi-Fi edition.

Last edited by Joe563; 07-17-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
From the picture it looks like the strap on the upper right corner is perilously close to the Touch's power slider but it may work with Wi-Fi edition.
Keep in mind that my Oberon was a Nook cover that I adapted for a Kindle 3. I have no idea how a Kindle 3 Oberon cover would fit a Kobo. The official K3 cover is very different from my modified Nook cover. I was just showing those pictures as a possibility of something that may work for a Kobo.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote