Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Joseph Campbell's Myths to Live By released as ebook

I'm a big Joseph Campbell enthusiast and was pleased to learn that the Joseph Campbell Foundation has prepared an ebook on one of his popular works.

Shared from my blog Her Ladyship's Quest

Myths to Live By written by Joseph Campbell released as ebook

I've been enamored by the teachings of Joseph Campbell for several years. I have difficulty explaining his points using any words other than his, but I believe the points he makes through the study of world mythologies help me better understand humanity and inject greater meaning into my fantasy writing.

As an associate member of the Joseph Campbell Foundation I was pleased to receive an email yesterday about the upcoming release of Myths to Live By in ebook format. It is a collection of 12 essays delivered by Joseph Campbell in the Cooper Union Forum between 1958 and 1971.

Here's the description of Myths to Live By provided by the foundation:

One of Joseph Campbell's most popular works, Myths To Live By is considerably enhanced through the electronic format (for example, editor David Kudler has been able to include 80 illustrations, including some photographs actually taken by Campbell, that would be cost prohibitive in a print edition; there is also a discussion link at the end of each chapter). First published in 1972, Myths to Live By has long served as an easily accessible introduction to the wide scope and range of Joseph Campbell's work.

I have checked out Myths to Live By from my library several times. Every essay gives me plenty to contemplate. Sometimes I just read two or three and then return it to the library until I am ready to consider more of what Campbell discovered. Now, I have these essays at home with me all the time because I bought the epub version this morning from the Joseph Campbell Foundation. For foundation associates it was $5.99. When it is released for wider distribution after the end of April, it will $9.99 at the Apple iBookstore and other outlets. The writings of Joseph Campbell are worthy of any thinking person's library. His insights prod my intellect and inspire my creativity every time I read them.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Ken Irving
Writer
Ken Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Nook "1st Edition" Wireless, Nook4PC, NookStudy, Kindle4PC
Thanks for the tip. Went through the process of becoming an associate, got the coupon code, paid the 5.99, and now it won't allow me to download, so I left them a note and am waiting. Nice confusing process, I must say.
Ken Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
Ken Irving
Writer
Ken Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Nook "1st Edition" Wireless, Nook4PC, NookStudy, Kindle4PC
Problem solved. Apparently the traffic from their nice offer is revealing some problems with their shopping cart setup. They very quickly got back to me and sent me an alternate download link.
Ken Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
David Kudler
Enthusiast
David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Great! I'm glad that enjoyed the book--and sorry, Ken, that you were effected by our early stumble.
David Kudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
ramsey_isler
Enthusiast
ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ramsey_isler can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle
Oh this is interesting. I've read The Power of Myth and The Hero with a Thousand Faces and found them quite enlightening. I'd never heard of this book though. I'll have to check it out
ramsey_isler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thank you for this! Joseph Campbell was an amazing man and writer. I'm very happy to see his work becoming available in ebook form!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, joseph campbell, mythology, scholarly