Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
jodykihara
Author
jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle reader for PC
PRC file type for Amazon/Kindle

Will Calibre be supporting .prc as a file output type any time soon?

Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing now *only* uploads .prc files (I used to be able to upload a zip file with html + images) and so I've had to use Mobipocket, which I really don't like... I'd MUCH rather be using Calibre, but I see no .prc output option.
Unless I'm missing something?
jodykihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Calibre does .mobi which should work just fine (or you can change the Mobi's extension to .prc if they're really that fussy).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-05-2011 at 04:25 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
See this explanation of what PRC actually is. Amazon uses PRC as a generic extension to hide what format the book really is. The Kindle supports and Amazon sells more formats than just MOBI. In this case just changing the MOBI extension to PRC is all that you need to do.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
jodykihara
Author
jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle reader for PC
Great, I didn't know that!
(why on earth, then, do they only accept .prc files for upload, rather than Mobi?)
jodykihara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, kindle, prc