Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
javochase
javochase began at the beginning.

Device: None
ncx file to html/xhtml file

I have a fully functional ncx file as my table of contents. The problem is that a client wants the ncx file to be visible as a 'chapter' in the epub file (i.e. visible as one scrolls down). By converting to mobi and then back to epub, a contents page is generated (at the end of the book). However, the conversion back and forth messes up a lot of my original formatting. So, is there a way of generating a contents page from an ncx file without having to go the epub->mobi->epub route? Thanks a lot for your help!
javochase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
No. Without converting, you will need to use something like Sigil to create the table of contents page inline yourself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, ncx, xhtml