Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #181
jhittle
jhittle began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Font changer Plugin

I would really like to see a plugin that allows the user to change the font of a non-drmed epub. this should also include if possible the formating required by the ebook reader in my case the Nook to also chnge the font size to as suppoted by the Nook.

Mainly i would like to be able to convert current font to Helvetica
jhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #182
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Lightbulb Books that I have read

Is there a plugin available for making a list of books I have already read? If not it would be good to be able to make one since I forget which books I have read specially over a time period. Thanx
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #183
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
Is there a plugin available for making a list of books I have already read? If not it would be good to be able to make one since I forget which books I have read specially over a time period. Thanx
Check out the Reading List plugin.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #184
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
You could also just try a custom column to mark status - even record when you've read it, etc.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #185
Larry2011
Larry2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How about a plugin to translate from/to different foreign languages?
Larry2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #186
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Find new books in Calibre "by author" NOT on K3 ?

Hi All
Just had a thought !
I organize all books on my K3 in collections by Author. (So far...)
Is there a way to identify books in Calibre, not present on K3, BUT only for Authors having a collection on K3 ?
I'm not quite sure if this makes any sense to the rest of the world, but ...
Regards,
Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #187
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanx Meme and Nynaevelan for your replys. I think I will try the custom columns as I dont know how to add plugins yet.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 AM   #188
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello,
I need a plugin for converting documents with diacritics (ĂÎÂȘȚăîâșț).
Calibre fails when have to transform them in mobi format, these characters are replaced by ? character.
I found a workaround by saving documents in html format using Save As ->Web Page, Filtered from MsWord and after that convert with Calibre. If a do this the characters will be ok in mobi document.

So, i'm asking you if someone can make a plugin that force Calibre to transform the document in html format using option Web Page, Filtered and after that to transform in mobi.

I believe the workaround works for other characters from different languages.
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #189
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin View Post
I found a workaround by saving documents in html format using Save As ->Web Page, Filtered from MsWord and after that convert with Calibre. If a do this the characters will be ok in mobi document.
I can't speak to the plugin idea but the solution is to enter the proper character encoding upon conversion. Saving it as web page filtered specifies the encoding in the html so you don't need to enter it manually.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #190
sorin
Connoisseur

After Save as operation, the html has header with charset=windows-1252; i entered this value in Calibre's Look & Feel - Input character encoding and after that i converted the document in mobi format but the resulted file have ? character.
Any ideas ?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #191
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
After Save as operation, the html has header with charset=windows-1252; i entered this value in Calibre's Look & Feel - Input character encoding and after that i converted the document in mobi format but the resulted file have ? character.
Any ideas ?
Hi sorin
Try entering cp1252 in the encoding field.
I'm guessing you tried with windows-1252 ?
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #192
sorin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Hi sorin
Try entering cp1252 in the encoding field.
I'm guessing you tried with windows-1252 ?
I tried windows-1252 and cp1252 and same result, the diacritics are replaced by º character.
For testing i used document from here
Old 07-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #193
sorin
Connoisseur

Maybe i have to set another encoding, any ideas ?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #194
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Maybe i have to set another encoding, any ideas ?
Report it as a bug and attach the rtf file to the ticket. In the mean time continue doing what every else does by saving it as web page filtered.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #195
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Try using cp1250 which is central-european, whereas cp1252 is western-european
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development