Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
hmhoshino
Edge User
 
Adobe Flash Player on the Edge?

How do I go about getting Adobe Flash Player? I tried to download it and it said my operating system doesn't support. I thought the Edge did support Adobe Flash Player, am I wrong? Not having the latest Adobe Flash Player is preventing from viewing youtube. Henry
 
Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Chubulor
Edge User
 
Edge doesn't support Flash directly as of yet. There is a YouTube app pre-installed but it doesn't work with YouTube since they revamped their site in July. Supposedly Entourage is working on fixing the app, but we know how that goes...
 
Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
hmhoshino
Edge User
 
Chubulor; I found that after I started mine. The new version of Google Chrome is an option, but what is the type of operating system of the Edge? Is it Windows 7 64 bit Premium for instance? I guess I have to look that up in the help section.
 
Old 08-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
MichaelV
Edge User
 
watch the space for Jcase robot new roms coming out soon I hope with froyo 2.2 flash!!!!!!!
 
Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
walt526
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhoshino View Post
Chubulor; I found that after I started mine. The new version of Google Chrome is an option, but what is the type of operating system of the Edge? Is it Windows 7 64 bit Premium for instance? I guess I have to look that up in the help section.
The eDGe currently runs Android 1.6; Android 2.2 will eventually be released sometime in "the fall."

I don't believe that there is any way that Windows 7 could ever run on the eDGe given that the device does not have a x86 processor.
 
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
keng2000
Edge User
 
When you install Froyo 2.2. You still need to download flash plugin same as any browser for the first time. (Try it from Galaxy S beta rom 2.2)
Also Chrome for Android need 2.1+
 
Old 08-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
supermarkitos2004
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubulor View Post
Edge doesn't support Flash directly as of yet. There is a YouTube app pre-installed but it doesn't work with YouTube since they revamped their site in July. Supposedly Entourage is working on fixing the app, but we know how that goes...
I installed "Freedi Youtube Downloader" from Slideme market. It works (press 2-3 secons on a video link and choose "View Online HQ"), but sadly only small screen! Can anybody resize this application and post it here?
 
Old 08-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
OncTech
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermarkitos2004 View Post
I installed "Freedi Youtube Downloader" from Slideme market. It works (press 2-3 secons on a video link and choose "View Online HQ"), but sadly only small screen! Can anybody resize this application and post it here?
I converted it. Holy ____, it works! It actually works! It even works on videos the original app on the eDGe was not capable of seeing, like official music videos.
Here, I uploaded the converted apk file: http://www.mediafire.com/?in0ngdzz1irnsnz

I think this was banned from the Google Market though. Can someone look into that? My suspicion is it was petty meddling by the powers that be when an app actually does what consumers want to do regardless of "copyright protection." (er, don't mind me, I'm a bit of a software libertarian: if it's free or I pay for it, let me use it how I want.) But just want to make sure there was not another more dangerous reason.
 
Old 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
walt526
Edge User
 
Awesome! Thanks so much to you both for letting us know about it and then uploading the converted APK.
 
Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
supermarkitos2004
Edge User
 
Thank you for resizing "Alfreedito", Ontech!
(Resize application doesn´t work on my computer)
i posted a thread about this application in the forum one week ago but everybody ignored me!
 
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
LarsonMattr
Edge User
 
Fantastic!

Thanks for finding and posting this. It works great, I can now see youtube again. When I downloaded the file, it saved as a txt file. If you rename it using the filesystem app to be a .apk instead, it installs and runs well.

Thanks again for doing this.
 
Old 08-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
NiaTrue
Edge User
 
This is great. Thanks! Though it does look like Google kicked it out of the market.
 
Old 08-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #13
canezila
Edge User
 
I, too, enjoy this. Apk. Thanks. But after watching some of the youtube videos I can say I feel slightly DUMBER! Lol
 
Old 08-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #14
Chubulor
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OncTech View Post
I think this was banned from the Google Market though. Can someone look into that? My suspicion is it was petty meddling by the powers that be when an app actually does what consumers want to do regardless of "copyright protection." (er, don't mind me, I'm a bit of a software libertarian: if it's free or I pay for it, let me use it how I want.) But just want to make sure there was not another more dangerous reason.
Yeah, it's kind of a gray area...on one hand, a lot of devices that don't have Flash simply can't view YouTube videos without using a downloader...but on the other, most people using YouTube downloaders are just trying to get a free copy of something they would normally have to pay for.
 
Old 12-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
TroyG
Edge User
 
Sorry gang - wondering if someone could further explain -went to the site to get the APK got it I comes down as a .txt file - tried to open this but gives the option of android reader etc...what else do I need to do here to watch web vids?? Thanks - TG
 
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
There is an updated Flash Player available kennyc Android Devices 12 04-29-2011 04:17 AM
Android flash player embedded in browser? userstyles? canezila enTourage Archive 1 06-30-2010 04:45 PM
iLiad Project: Flash Player!!! King Mook Mook iRex Developer's Corner 1 01-02-2008 06:56 AM
iLiad Standalone Flash Player vols iRex Developer's Corner 3 03-02-2007 02:20 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.