Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
brauckmiller
Edge User
 
Question for the moderator

Is there anyway to allow immediate posts for full members? I understand the need to keep the boards clean of clutter, but if a member reaches the status of Member or Senior member like borisb, it would seem that it would reduce the work load on the moderators by allowing immediate posts for those who have demonstrated proper decorum while posting.

Just a thought....

Craig
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brauckmiller View Post
Is there anyway to allow immediate posts for full members? I understand the need to keep the boards clean of clutter, but if a member reaches the status of Member or Senior member like borisb, it would seem that it would reduce the work load on the moderators by allowing immediate posts for those who have demonstrated proper decorum while posting.
I think people merely get elevated Member status just by posting a certain number of messages. Should we have immediate posting privileges for annoying gadfly types like myself who post too much?

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-21-2010 at 12:16 PM.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
10tklz
Edge User
 
If I am persistently loquacious, how long will it take to get promoted?
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
Snow
Edge User
 
It's a good point and we are looking into it. For now, it seems that our Senior Members reply to threads way more often than start threads.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tklz View Post
If I am persistently loquacious, how long will it take to get promoted?
Member at 50 posts? I don't recall that one exactly.

Senior member at 100 posts. I noticed that happened to me just a couple days ago.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
10tklz
Edge User
 
Thanks for the info. I'm working on it!
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
kenjennings
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
At what point do I become an "Incredibly Old Member"...?
When you start posting answers to your own questions, but can't remember doing it.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
VenturingSoul
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
When you start posting answers to your own questions, but can't remember doing it.
Hey, I resemble that!
 
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question For The Moderator Of This Forum UntreedReads Writers' Corner 1 07-07-2010 12:02 PM
I Want To Be A Moderator! cmbs Lounge 7 04-22-2008 04:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.