Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #166
miguelesquirol
miguelesquirol began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I wonder.... I use to have many books not only because I love them, but because it feels so nice having them in the walls. Now with eboooks... you know how it is. I was thinking that it could be nice to have a plugin that generates a poster with the covers of all my books... it could be a nice replacement for decoration.
miguelesquirol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #167
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelesquirol View Post
I wonder.... I use to have many books not only because I love them, but because it feels so nice having them in the walls. Now with eboooks... you know how it is. I was thinking that it could be nice to have a plugin that generates a poster with the covers of all my books... it could be a nice replacement for decoration.
Set the cover Browser to full screen.
Screen Capture
Paste into Editor, crop

Print
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cvrbrwsr25.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	72202  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #168
miguelesquirol
miguelesquirol began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I like the Cover Browser, but I wish I can see all my covers at the same time.
miguelesquirol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #169
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I like the Cover Browser, but I wish I can see all my covers at the same time.
Most B&M bookstores mostly show 'Spine Out". They just don't have the shelf or table space.
My e-book Library is small at 2500 books (includes 975 entries for my DT Library) I would have to wallpaper my office wall with postage stamp size covers to fit those
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #170
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
I could imagine a "cover cloud" generator like the Kobo Touch home screen, only larger and with more covers.
(Sorry for linking directly to the image but there's no page on koboreader.com that has a good picture of it on its own.)
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #171
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
How about a plugin to copy the ToC from selected books to a custom field (or to the Comments field)?

It would be especially useful for Anthologies.

Last edited by ArmorDog; 06-14-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: clarification
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #172
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I like the idea - but maybe simply copying it to the clipboard so that you could paste it into the field of your choice is another possibility?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #173
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Could it be possible to save original filename somewhere when adding books? Second tab in metadata has lots of room...

I started new library because it was too bothersome to tell which pdf is which, now I add them only after reading (if one pdf has many mistakes, I convert another).
I realize that it is most helpful for those just starting with Calibre and they have enough to learn without plugins; on the same time knowing original filename allows to find it and maybe reduces griping about how Calibre stores its files.
I'd wish to see this too. Sometimes with downloading metadata you get a completely different book. And if it is some free story from internet without any cover and sometimes without even a name in the file you basically lose all info, as title and author probably was in the filename. I remember that before calibre wouldn't rename files so I often just opened folder and checked filename. Now it is impossible. I have a few books I have no idea what they are, no title, no author now (if you noticed it at adding you could just go to original file and see, but if you noticed later it might be impossible to find which book was it).

I read the answers to see it is very troublesome. But maybe it could be in calibre itself (not as plug in) as copying filename then adding to a column designed for this info shouldn't be too complicated. Of course comes the problem then were are few formats of the book, but maybe there could be just "first come first served" principle and the first formats filename would be saved. Just a thought
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #174
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Noughty - you can just untick "Title" and "Authors" in the Configure download metadata screen to prevent them being overwritten?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #175
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Well, I want them overwritten. I usually download metadata using isbn extract plugin. I like that it fixes the names, title. I'm talking about storing filename info because sometimes wrong metadata gets downloaded. That happens very rarely. The lesser of two evils certainly is to loose a few free books, stories than to have a messy library. Still thanks for your suggestion.

P.S. That comment is if I understood correctly that title, author info is overwritten in calibre with those options. If there is a way to make it not overwrite filename in a folder, I would like to do so.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #176
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Noughty, ok so long as you intentionally are overwriting that is fine, I just wanted to make sure you realised you didn't have to. Personally I rarely have title and author overwriting turned on as I already have the book title & author that I want but I understand that if you working from ISBN then you do want that function.

My original comments on this request stand - it requires primarily changes to Calibre and is not something that can be done in a standalone plugin without restricting how you add books to Calibre.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=150
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #177
aboettget
aboettget began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Identify book samples

I am looking for a plugin to identify books samples.

Amazon uses this text in German:
Code:
Ende der Kindle eBook-Leseprobe. 
Hat Ihnen die Leseprobe gefallen?
Jetzt kaufen 
oder      
Mehr Informationen zu diesem Buch im Kindle-Shop
aboettget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #178
RecQuery
RecQuery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'd like a plugin that gave the user the ability to edit the Mobi headers and metadata (similar to the Mobi Perl tools) without doing a Mobi-to-Mobi conversion and potentially messing up formatting.
RecQuery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #179
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

The ability to copy the ondevice items into a custom column when the device is connected to calibre e.g. Kindle has titles; A, B, and C: Custom column identified as "K" has an Y (Yes).

Or, e.g. Sony having titles D, E, and F: Custom column identified as "S" has an Y (Yes).

Or, e.g. Edge having titles G, H, and I: Custom column identified as "E" has an Y (Yes).

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 06-18-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #180
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I do not think this is a plugin request per se, but it would be nice if the functionality would be added to change the skin of Calibre, I am not complaining but the grey is very Plane Jane, some colors would be nice.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development