Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #121
oceangator66
oceangator66 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello My name is Donna and I am new to the forums. The main author I love to read is Dean Koontz I hope there are some fellow Koontz lovers out there.
oceangator66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #122
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Donna

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #123
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Just wanted to say hey, have been viewing the forums for some time and decided to join since i just purchased my first ereader. I was trying to decide which to get and i ultimately decided on the kobo, the price was good and the feel of it while holding was 10x better than some others i tried at futureshop. The other reason for buying was that i could have it in hand at time of purchase over the kindle or nook etc... plus it's canadian!!

anyway just saying hey and sorry for the long intro i'm currently reading - agent x by noah boyd - only 100 pages left.
i have a few i purchased ebooks that are on my to read list haven't decided what to read next but here they are::

- playing with fire: the highest of highs and lowest of lows - theo fleury
- tough guy: my life on the edge - bob probert
- decision points - george bush
- the internationalist - taylor stevens
- beautiful lies - lisa unger ( this one is a bit older than the others but it was cheap and i had some coin left on my gift card so i bought it lol)

I do like action / suspense / mystery / thriller -
stuff that keeps the pace of the book moving fast, slow moving books just don't do it for me and there are some i have started and just couldn't get through.
if anyone has suggestions please feel free to send em my way.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #124
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm50 View Post
I think I have a Google account. How would I access Demonoid?
Thanks fo ryour help.
Melissa
We do not help people access torrent sites.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #125
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Azpen A727 tablet, Fujitsu Lifebook p2110 w/ FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm50 View Post
I think I have a Google account. How would I access Demonoid?
You won't. Demonoid is a closed site that requires an invitation to join.

If the motive for wanting to is getting commercial ebooks free via torrent files, this is not a good place to ask. MobileRead is against ebook piracy, and "Where do I get pirated titles?" questions are good ways to lose access to MR.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #126
ladylake
ladylake began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I just wanted to mention this book, The Translation of Father Torturo, that is temporarily being offered for a mere $1.32

Publishers Weekly says:

Black magic and thuggery assist a Machiavellian priest's ascent to the papal throne in this predictable but gleefully subversive modern gothic. Xavier Torturo, a quiet but ambitious seminarian in rural Italy, gets entrusted with an ancient occult text about the translation of powers from the dead to the living. Soon thereafter, a relic of Saint Anthony disappears from its shrine, and Xavier—coincidentally?—shows the power to heal by the laying on of hands. Combining his newly developed talent for miracles with secular skills of blackmail and manipulation, Torturo secures his ticket to the Vatican, where his underlings' excesses and his own past indiscretions ultimately precipitate his swift and gruesome downfall. Connell paints a scabrous portrait of the Vatican as a site of absolute power that corrupts absolutely, but there's little to his story that hasn't been seen in more inventively plotted works. Its transgressive spirit notwithstanding, the novel is a highly moral tale of sins avenged and wrongs redressed, played out in a setting reeking of incense and decadence.
ladylake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 AM   #127
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ladylake

and welcome to Mobileread ....

Perhaps you should add this recommendation into here >>> http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10108
Old 03-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #128
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I just wanted to say hi. I got my first eReader thanks to the Borders liquidation sale (even if there is such a sad story behind it) and I love it so far.

I'm looking forward to participate in this forum. All the best!
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #129
GeoffC

Hi Andreiuta

Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #130
allvinc
allvinc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi.

I just ordered my Kindle yesterday and can't wait to get it. Thanks for all the useful tips and suggestions you have for us noobs
allvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #131
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allvinc View Post
Hi.

I just ordered my Kindle yesterday and can't wait to get it. Thanks for all the useful tips and suggestions you have for us noobs

Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #132
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have the company of all newcomers. You could, of course, open your own wee thread in the 'introductions' sub forum so that folks can welcome you aboard individually and make you feel even more part of the gang. Happy e-reading and very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #133
jedipencil
Enthusiast
jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony
Hi! I'm new... just got my first ereader - a Sony touch 350, and so far am loving it. Have about 50 small PDF docs on it and two books so far. (I've only had it for 4 days)

I'm an illustrator and an author (not published), and an ereader makes it nice and easy to squeeze reading time in... well, anytime!

This looks like a wonderful place!
jedipencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #134
Jar Jar Binks
Enthusiast
Jar Jar Binks began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650 And PRS 350 Yay I got it !!! I got it !!! I'm in love.
Hey jedipencil,
Great Handle. Welcome!
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #135
azt33
azt33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad 3, iPhone 5
Hi, new here too! I had a Kindle 2, but had problems with it as it wasn't the International version. Got rid of it. Now I'm in the market again for an eBook reader, but there are so many options nowadays, that it's difficult to make a choice! But I'd love the idea of just having several books with me...
azt33 is offline   Reply With Quote