Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #61
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals
 
Yar-PocketBooker's Avatar
 
Posts: 589
Karma: 6976
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Guns4Hire, thanks!

Btw, the saga is not through yet... by our mistake the other (not new, but refurbished) device has been sent to Ragrang a week ago, which he noticed, quite fairly)
We apologized and have shipped a brand new device to him today.
I hope everything will be fine with this one)))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #62
malo_pomalu
Junior Member
malo_pomalu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: PocketBook 301+
PocketBook WebSite declared : "PocketBook 301+ Black E-Reader is a highly reliable device with 6” screen and build-in mp3 player..".
I had PocketBook 301+ and it is not true. Just the opposite. Device is not reliable, warranty not comprehensive and repair is costly. I've treated this device carefully, but could not avoid internal screen crack. Warranty does not cover the screen problems and replacement of the screen costs $125 in the time when Amazon Kindle price is $139.
malo_pomalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:46 AM   #63
PossenteSpirto
Junior Member
PossenteSpirto began at the beginning.
 
PossenteSpirto's Avatar
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Italia
Device: waiting for my first (PB 902)
So buy a ##### kindle and have fun with Amazon's policies.

No warranty in this world covers broken screens. Period.

(gee, I ranted in my first post. Sorry. Well, hello!)
PossenteSpirto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #64
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mtravellerh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,613
Karma: 1620342
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossenteSpirto View Post
So buy a ##### kindle and have fun with Amazon's policies.

No warranty in this world covers broken screens. Period.

(gee, I ranted in my first post. Sorry. Well, hello!)
Hi Spirit. Welcome. We are used to people complaining about the broken screen and no warranty. I only can say that I a really sorry about this, but really: nobody covers broken screens (but I think there's an insurance for these special cases)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #65
malo_pomalu
Junior Member
malo_pomalu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: PocketBook 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hi Spirit. Welcome. We are used to people complaining about the broken screen and no warranty. I only can say that I a really sorry about this, but really: nobody covers broken screens (but I think there's an insurance for these special cases)
Warranty is not the problem, if reader is really reliable. I've liked this device and recommended it to my friends. Four of them bought PocketBook 301+ too. Two devices got broken screens during several months. I've used my device for 10 months. PocketBook says that reader is very reliable saying nothing about very fragile screen. It is just the trap for customers.
malo_pomalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #66
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mtravellerh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,613
Karma: 1620342
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by malo_pomalu View Post
Warranty is not the problem, if reader is really reliable. I've liked this device and recommended it to my friends. Four of them bought PocketBook 301+ too. Two devices got broken screens during several months. I've used my device for 10 months. PocketBook says that reader is very reliable saying nothing about very fragile screen. It is just the trap for customers.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #67
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals
 
Yar-PocketBooker's Avatar
 
Posts: 589
Karma: 6976
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by malo_pomalu View Post
Warranty is not the problem, if reader is really reliable. I've liked this device and recommended it to my friends. Four of them bought PocketBook 301+ too. Two devices got broken screens during several months. I've used my device for 10 months. PocketBook says that reader is very reliable saying nothing about very fragile screen. It is just the trap for customers.
Fragility of the screen pertains not only to PocketBook reader, all these screens for all kindles, sonys and nooks of the world are manufactured on the same two facilities in Asia and have the same fragility as any e-ink screen, because they are made from glass.
I always tell my customers to be very careful with readers not to break screens...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #68
malo_pomalu
Junior Member
malo_pomalu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: PocketBook 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Fragility of the screen pertains not only to PocketBook reader, all these screens for all kindles, sonys and nooks of the world are manufactured on the same two facilities in Asia and have the same fragility as any e-ink screen, because they are made from glass.
I always tell my customers to be very careful with readers not to break screens...
I say again PocketBook appears to be not reliable. Following text is taken from PocketBook Web Site: "PocketBook 301+ Black E-Reader is a highly reliable device with 6” screen ..". This statement is wrong.
malo_pomalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #69
Mumin
Junior Member
Mumin began at the beginning.
 
Mumin's Avatar
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Upper Silesia
Device: Palm IIIxe, HTC wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by malo_pomalu View Post
I say again PocketBook appears to be not reliable. Following text is taken from PocketBook Web Site: "PocketBook 301+ Black E-Reader is a highly reliable device with 6” screen ..". This statement is wrong.
Yeah, rrright. But I've seen worse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeVyOKq-KXU
Mumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #70
malo_pomalu
Junior Member
malo_pomalu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: PocketBook 301+
I've made mistake about one year ago. I've recommended PocketBook to my friends. Three of them purchased this device. Two of them got broken screens after half year. Third PocketBook finished with broken screen today.
malo_pomalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #71
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online
 
Posts: 155
Karma: 99
Join Date: Jul 2007
Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Good to hear it all turned out fine for RangRang.
The real problem with all these things is an absolute absence of trust between the Customer and Firms in general. And the reason that distrust exists is simply because the majority of Firms are EXACTLY like RangRang described.

That said... maybe RangRang has a pet cat and she sat on the device and RangRang never noticed. I wouldn't be suprised that most of the cases where people find their eReader suddenly unresponsive with a broken screen are indeed caused by Pets simply sitting down on these devices. They tend to be slightly warm when put aside right after use. Just the type of things cats love to sit on.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #72
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough
 
dpayment's Avatar
 
Posts: 86
Karma: 618
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa
Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Exclamation Re: Don't buy pocketbook reader - What?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Fragility of the screen pertains not only to PocketBook reader, all these screens for all kindles, sonys and nooks of the world are manufactured on the same two facilities in Asia and have the same fragility as any e-ink screen, because they are made from glass.
I always tell my customers to be very careful with readers not to break screens...
You know, I've been a Pocketbook fan ever since they became available here in North America. I wanted a large format ereader, and they were the first to hit the market with a great reader at a good price. Ideally, I wanted a touch-screen, but because I'd just broken my previous reader, I wanted something now and wasn't willing to wait for the 903. Since then, I've followed the Pocketbook and eReader forums pretty regularly, and I can't believe how self-centred or rude some of the forum members are. Firstly, the Pocketbook is my seventh ereader, I wore out two, broke the screens on three and passed one on to a friend. Since I bought my 902 at the beginning of December 2010, I have not had one single issue with it. I have done all the firmware updates, I've loaded just about every book format, and nothing has gone wrong. In addition, I've dropped it a couple of times, once hard enough to cause the back cover to fly off, and it still functions perfectly, but that's just luck.

No other ereader manufacturer offers a "broken screen" replacement warranty, why would you expect it of Pocketbook? Given their record for providing firmware updates and encouraging us to suggest improvements, I'd say they're far, far better than any of their competitors! The Sony PRS505 and the PRS700 I had didn't get updated once in the three years I owned them, but we've already had three firmware upgrades for the Pocketbook.

From what I read on these posts, seems to me that most people just want something for nothing, and have nothing better to do than complain without justification.

Sure, I'd like to see all the improvements we've requested in the next release, and I'd like that release to happen tomorrow, but be realistic. I've been involved in the firmware testing environment in the past, and it takes a long time to test each feature after each change to make sure nothing "broke" in the old functionality.

Stop griping and start encouraging instead. The old saying goes "you can can attract more flies with Honey than you can with vinegar", compliments and neutral comments will gain more than constant bitching and harping about the same thing over and over again.

Give it a rest, folks!
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #73
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
troll05's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,237
Karma: 1933999
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zuhause
Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
You know, I've been a Pocketbook fan ever since they became available here in North America. I wanted a large format ereader, and they were the first to hit the market with a great reader at a good price. Ideally, I wanted a touch-screen, but because I'd just broken my previous reader, I wanted something now and wasn't willing to wait for the 903. Since then, I've followed the Pocketbook and eReader forums pretty regularly, and I can't believe how self-centred or rude some of the forum members are. Firstly, the Pocketbook is my seventh ereader, I wore out two, broke the screens on three and passed one on to a friend. Since I bought my 902 at the beginning of December 2010, I have not had one single issue with it. I have done all the firmware updates, I've loaded just about every book format, and nothing has gone wrong. In addition, I've dropped it a couple of times, once hard enough to cause the back cover to fly off, and it still functions perfectly, but that's just luck.

No other ereader manufacturer offers a "broken screen" replacement warranty, why would you expect it of Pocketbook? Given their record for providing firmware updates and encouraging us to suggest improvements, I'd say they're far, far better than any of their competitors! The Sony PRS505 and the PRS700 I had didn't get updated once in the three years I owned them, but we've already had three firmware upgrades for the Pocketbook.

From what I read on these posts, seems to me that most people just want something for nothing, and have nothing better to do than complain without justification.

Sure, I'd like to see all the improvements we've requested in the next release, and I'd like that release to happen tomorrow, but be realistic. I've been involved in the firmware testing environment in the past, and it takes a long time to test each feature after each change to make sure nothing "broke" in the old functionality.

Stop griping and start encouraging instead. The old saying goes "you can can attract more flies with Honey than you can with vinegar", compliments and neutral comments will gain more than constant bitching and harping about the same thing over and over again.

Give it a rest, folks!
+1
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #74
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.
 
skydive's Avatar
 
Posts: 285
Karma: 9696
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
+2 , but still, is a little buggy and I agree that I have not found all tis functions in other reader, expect the Onyx Boox A9XXX, those looks promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
+1
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #75
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 70
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hi Spirit. Welcome. We are used to people complaining about the broken screen and no warranty. I only can say that I a really sorry about this, but really: nobody covers broken screens (but I think there's an insurance for these special cases)
This is actually total bullshit from Sales Manager Europe PocketBook.

If they sell it in EU they cover broken screens. It is the law. If it breaks in 6 months seller has to prove that break was caused by user or they have to replace it. Saying "screens only broke if mishandled" is not a proof and I am quite sure it is a lie. Even then they would need to prove it was mishandled by customer and not manufacturer, retailer, delivery etc.

If they refuse to cover it contact your country's customer protection agency. They will tell what to do.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/smartapi/cg...model=guichett
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
customer support, warranty

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I try to buy the Pocketbook 360 and ship to any of {Singapore, France, Poland} agravier PocketBook 13 06-05-2010 03:00 AM
Which product to buy as Manga reader and ebook reader only. Renji Alternative Devices 9 01-16-2010 10:42 PM
Where can I buy Pocketbook in Atlanta area? Bill_Petrovich Which one should I buy? 13 10-23-2009 01:20 PM
Buy Want to buy Pocketbook 360. Please help! BeTePoK Flea Market 22 10-15-2009 10:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.