Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
nodje
nodje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Which linux install for a 'fetch news' only server?

Hi,

recently got converted to eReaders, I'm making more and more friends getting one of these.

So instead of each of us fetching it's own news, i figured it'd be far better to have a server that who just fetch and format only once and send to everyone.

I could have any computer at home doing that, but I'd be more happy if I could get that done by my hosted server.

So my question is two-fold:

- what is the distro for which Calibre is the most updated? it's looks like Gentoo from the stats. Kovid, which distrib do you favor?

- is it possible to use Calibre 'headless', server side and cli only?

cheers
nodje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Check out this Google search it might shed some light on your project.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodje View Post
- is it possible to use Calibre 'headless', server side and cli only?
There are some short notes on this in the FAQ.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote