Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Tenhawk
Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: none
Thermals - Technothriller

Hey guys, figured I'd get started with my own shameless plug before explore the rest of the forum. I was directed here by a reader who'd bought my novel off Amazon, so here I am.

Thermals is a near future Technothriller set in a unique Solar Power Plant built in the Australian Outback. The Tower of Power project is a one kilometer high solar chimney that attracts tourists, extreme sports fanatics, and a few darker minded individuals to Tower City. Following the last group, Interpol Inspector Anselm Gunnar arrives to investigate evidence that one of the world's most wanted men is hiding out in the ecologically minded city.

As his investigation progresses, it soon becomes obvious that the man he's hunting... isn't hiding out at all.

So far I've got good reviews and decent sales, with 7 five star reviews and 1 four star, and sales strong enough to land me on the 'Hot New Releases' lists in my chosen categories as high as number 4 at the peak, but it's since dropped to 6.

Tenhawk AKA Evan Currie
Author, Thermals
2.99 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004URUXKQ
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermals-Ans.../dp/B004URUXKQ
Tenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Tablet
Welcome to MR.

Thermals might be an interesting read, but, alas, only for people who own Kindles, which many of us do not own, or shop at Amazon, which many of us do not do. Have you considered making the book available to the rest of us through Smashwords?
rhadin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Tenhawk
Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Tenhawk is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

I'll check into it, but I do feel obliged to point out that Amazon isn't just for people who own kindles...

They have a PC app, iStuff app, Blackberry Apps, Android Apps... Kindle is a brand name now, not just a reader.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Just picked it up on Amazon --- anxious to read it!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Tenhawk

That's great to hear, heh

I think you'll enjoy it if you like the technothriller genre, Thermals is a fast paced read that doesn't bog down anywhere really... some nasty villains, but more importantly some real heroics even from side characters. I like to have dark events in my stories, because that's when the lights shine brightest.

The hero in novels is always heroic, but I like it when the normal people caught up in the situation have a little time to shine too.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2, PW1, Kindle 3, iPad mini 2, iPad-gen1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Welcome to MR.

Thermals might be an interesting read, but, alas, only for people who own Kindles, which many of us do not own, or shop at Amazon, which many of us do not do. Have you considered making the book available to the rest of us through Smashwords?
Nope. No DRM involved so download it and convert at will:
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited

Edit: the lack of DRM tipped me over the edge.. so I bought it.

Last edited by speedlever; 04-09-2011 at 01:21 PM.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Tenhawk

I'm a strong proponent of the Jim Baen theory of DRM in books... that is, they do NOT belong together.

There is no DRM that can't be cracked, first off, so if you're popular enough to make a living at writing, pirated copies will be easily available no matter what.

More importantly, however, lending of books is a LONG and proudly traditional way to discover new authors. Nothing I ever have full control over will come saddled with DRM.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Tenhawk

Talking Thermals - Technothriller now on Smashwords

When I previously posted about my novel I was asked why it was only on Kindle, well no more. It's been uploaded the smashwords, premium status is pending. I've kept the pricing scheme I used on Kindle and updated the cover to a new, more professional design.

Thermals :

Thermals is a near future technothriller that follows the events surrounding a terrorist infiltration of a special kind of solar power plant built in the Australian Outback. Events begin with the arrival of an Interpol Inspector to the area and rapidly accelerate out of control as the two opposing sides play off against each other.

It's received 19 reviews in the last week and a half on Amazon.com, 18 five stars and 1 four star. 3 four star reviews, and a five star, were also listed at Amazon.co.uk

Check it out.

Tenhawk AKA Evan Currie
Author, Thermals
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/53324
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004URUXKQ
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermals-Ans.../dp/B004URUXKQ

Tags
biological, scifi, tenhawk, terrorism, thriller