Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
jzkenner
Jeremy
jzkenner began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
installation problem

like some others, i am having problems installing Calibre. it gets near the end and then says that the file is corrupted and that there may be several causes. then, it rolls back the installation.

i have disabled my A/V protection as suggested and that didn't help.

i am using Windows XP
jzkenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
Try downloading the file again. If you're using a download manager, try disabling it, and/or use another browser. You may want to try the alternate download location linked to on the official site.
If you're updating from a previous Calibre install, uninstall that version first, then doublecheck that the installation directory is, indeed, removed (default is c:\program files\calibre2). Reboot and try installing again.
If the above doesn't help, try looking in the system log (found in the control panel, somewhere in the management folder) for a more detailed error message.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote