Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
NicolaNY
NicolaNY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Installing MobiPocket_Creator on a Mac with Parallels

Dear Forum,

I am trying to install mobipocket_creator on my mac in order to avoid the Calibre ePub->mobi glitch that doesn't allow proper uploading for commercial ebooks.

I have purchased a copy of Parallels 6 and successfully installed it. I then installed an old version of Windows XP Professional without a glitch. Very surprised this went so smoothly. I then proceeded to download MobiPocket_Creator and installed it, still no problems.

After firing-up the app, i selected "import html", in the following screen i "browsed" for the html file, and after properly selecting the file clicked "import". However, nothing happens. I can click multiple times and nothing. I tried waiting, but nothing.

I am guessing this is some kind of bug or something. Im currently sourceing different versions of windows, but i would appreciate any input from member who have managed to get this program working correctly through Parallels.

Thanks a million,
Nicola
NicolaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaNY View Post
I am guessing this is some kind of bug or something. Im currently sourceing different versions of windows, but i would appreciate any input from member who have managed to get this program working correctly through Parallels.
It sounds more to me like you're not using Mobipocket Creator correctly, but it's hard to tell. It would be very strange for it to be a bug in Parallels or the version of Windows you have.

Personally, I don't use Mobipocket Creator any more. I now use KindleGen natively on my Mac, using a AppleScript to give me drag&drop generation from an expanded ePub.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
NicolaNY
NicolaNY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Good news, everything is sorted out.

On Pdurrant's advice that it was very unlikely to be a bug within parallels, i decided to focus on windows.

I opened parallels, and deleted the virtual machine of XP profesional i had installed the previous day. I then proceeded to re-install the same edition of XP but this time i chose to keep the Mac and PC files separate. Downloaded monipocket creator again and this time it loads as it should.

Not a 100% sure why it worked the second time around, but i believe it has something to do with XP being very old and not being able to read files directly from the mac hd.

Weird, but hopefully this helps someone.

N.
NicolaNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creator, mac, mobipocket, parallels