Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
jkkilcullen
jkkilcullen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there a way to read Sony ebooks on Ipad?

I know, both devices embrace the EPUB format. When I have purchased a book, it shouldn't matter where I read it, especially as now Sony has software to read its books on a PC as well as a Mac, not just on a Sony device. Now that I have an iPad and a library of many Sony books, what cant I do? Is Sony working on an iPad app?
jkkilcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Here's some info on the Sony iPad app that was coming soon...
http://www.ebookmagazine.co.uk/apple...r-app/20111291

Sony ePub's use standard Adobe ID based Adept DRM so you should be able to read those books in either Bluefire or Txtr I'd think.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

Another solution involves getting rid of the drm , but that's another story ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jkkilcullen and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to Mobileread
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
jkkilcullen

I'm trying txtr. I've created an account and uploaded two books. However, I get an error message on my iPad (and my Android phone, for that matter) when I try to open them up after they have seemingly downloaded them. I got an Adobe ID for that's worth.

Anyone can help me?

Jack
Old 03-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
jkkilcullen

I have opened up a txtr account and uploaded two books. I downloaded the txtr app to my iPad and entered my username and passwords for both txtr and Adobe under settings. When I open the app, I see the books in my library, but when I try to read them, I'm told it "could not load document."

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I do not know what happened to you, but my wife did this today and everything worked like a charm. We both have both devices. I have currently decided that the iPad is too heavy for long reading sessions. She likes it so far. Txtr seems to be a solution that works, at least for some people.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, sony