Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
donkal
donkal began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question iBook grabs Nook downloads

Have the Nook App running on my iPad. Ordered a Nook ebook and downloaded it. It shows up on the iBook bookshelf and shows only error messages when opened. The book doesn't show when I open the Nook App.

Two questions.

1. How do I get the Nook App to open the Nook ebook I've downloaded?

2. How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

Donkal
donkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Donkal. I think you'd get a quicker and more expert response to your questions if you posted them in the iPad-dedicated sub forum here. Good luck and very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome to MR - glad you found us!
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
slm
Useless
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle 2, Jetbook, EZ Reader EZ pocket pro, ipad, archos 5 ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkal View Post
Have the Nook App running on my iPad. Ordered a Nook ebook and downloaded it. It shows up on the iBook bookshelf and shows only error messages when opened. The book doesn't show when I open the Nook App.

Two questions.

1. How do I get the Nook App to open the Nook ebook I've downloaded?

2. How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

Donkal
Its been a while since I played with the nook program, but I'm pretty sure the you access ebooks you bought from Barnes and Noble directly in the app. I think that you if you register your account and "show all" you will see titles not on the device that you tap to download onto the device.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ...

If the above solution fails to work, then try some of the forum links specific to your problem, from the main forum page...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
donkal
donkal began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
It took a few phone calls with Barnes & Noble, before we traced it down to the fact that the Nook registration fireation was different than the BN account used to order the books. Once we got the Nook registration to match the ordering account the book showed up.

Donkal
donkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Donkal and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, nook app