|02-26-2011, 05:27 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) 3G / iPad 3 WiFi / Nexus 4 (Android)
HowTo: Use git under Windows to track calibre development
as I'm used to git I don't want to use/learn bazaar to follow the calibre development.
Fortunatly there are several git-bazaar bridges, but their developers seem to work under linux, so it took some effort to find a working solution for Windows.
Here are the steps necessary to create a calibre git repository under Windows 7 64bit:
- Install msysgit (I'm using http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/dow...ew20110204.exe)
- Install bazaar 2.2.3 Windows standalone (http://launchpad.net/bzr/2.2/2.2.3/+....2.3-setup.exe)
Warning: Don't use release 2.3.0, as it is broken (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-windo...rs/+bug/715610)
- Open a cmd shell as Administrator
- Go to the bazaar installation directory (in my case c:\Program Files (x86)\Bazaar)
- cd plugins\fastimport
- unzip fastimport_patch.zip
- Go to the git installation directory (in my case c:\Program Files (x86)\Git)
- cd libexec\git-core
- unzip git-bzr.zip
git-bzr.zip contains a Windows standalone binary of the git-bzr python script from https://github.com/termie/git-bzr-ng
fastimport-patch.zip contains patched files for the bazaar fastimport plugin. The patch found in the git-bzr-ng repository doesn't match the fastimport plugin version contained in the Windows distribution, so I created this archive with the modified files.
After the installation we can clone the calibre repository:
- Go to a directory where the calibre repository should be created.
- git bzr clone lp:calibre calibre
To fetch new commits from the master repository and rebase the commits on the local branch "mybranch" execute the following commands in the calibre repository:
- git checkout master
- git bzr sync
- git checkout mybranch
- git rebase bzr/master
I hope this HowTo can help some fellow developers to work on calibre.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A Howto: Running Calibre Content server on Windows Startup||sherman||Calibre||14||10-28-2015 05:50 PM|
|Anyone keep track of their wanted or wish list in Calibre?||texasnightowl||Calibre||5||08-08-2010 10:27 PM|
|JE100/JE200 Windows CE Emulator (for development)||rfog||Alternative Devices||1||03-09-2010 03:21 PM|
|Calibre Windows Development||ilovejedd||Calibre||9||07-12-2009 11:09 PM|
|Howto crack Windows Media DRM9||doctorow||Lounge||2||05-16-2005 03:19 PM|