Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #16
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Thank you so much for all your help, Perkin, after that fix, I got it work with both my nook and the iPad. The original text file is actually UTF-8 encoded Chinese, and your S&R regular expression still works (luckily, the notes are numbered in western numeric characters, not Chinese numbers which I would have no idea how to write a search string at all).
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #17
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD
You're welcome.
I wouldn't have a clue either.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #18
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
yeah, I actually had to modify your script a little bit, the second search "(\S+)\[(\d+)\]" only matched part of the intended main text notes numbers, I had to add an extra space before [ in the text file first, then use "^\s\[(\d+)\](\S+)" and "(\S+)\s\[(\d+)\]" to match all that I wanted to match, I guess some Chinese characters immediately before the "[" sign in the main text had screwed up the search. But it's not a big issue for me to do several passes of global S&R. Again, appreciate your help a lot.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote