Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Lighted cover for Kindle?

On Amazon, they sell a cover for the Sony Reader that has a nifty light-screen-thing built in:

http://www.amazon.com/Cover-Custom-L.../dp/B001DESZWW

Will that work with a Kindle (Kindle 1, that is)? Or do you have to use a normal book light?
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
You can't use the Sony cover on a Kindle. Sony covers have special attachments that only work with the sony reader. The best I've seen for the kindle is the M-Edge covers, eg,

http://www.buymedge.com/p_Kindle2Ex.html

for which you can buy their special book light that slides neatly in the cover for easy use and storage.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
Also, I notice you have a PRS-500 like I have. Note that the Sony cover with the built in light WON'T work with the 500 -- it only works with the 505 (and maybe the 700? I'm not sure.) At any rate, they changed the attachment system between the 500 and the 505 so you can't use the new covers with the old reader. Stinks, huh?
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #4
jopearse
jopearse began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
This Kindle Lighted Cover is excellent and well designed, however it is very expensive. It is almost as much as a Kindle itself, the website http://www.kindlelightedcover.org.uk offers a very similar product at a fraction of the cost at £17.95, which is much more reasonable I think you will agree. Would be interested to hear your comments on what you think.
Many thanks
Jo
jopearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopearse View Post
This Kindle Lighted Cover is excellent and well designed, however it is very expensive. It is almost as much as a Kindle itself, the website http://www.kindlelightedcover.org.uk offers a very similar product at a fraction of the cost at £17.95, which is much more reasonable I think you will agree. Would be interested to hear your comments on what you think.
Many thanks
Jo
welcome to the forums! this is an old thread, you may find many more answers about lighted covers in the sticky about lighted covers up above!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I like to read or use my Kindle 3 without nothing on it, enjoying its lightness so I bought this one:

Good price, nineteen dollars and the internal bubble design gives extra protection. It comes in several colors, including blue I think. It weights three oz only!

jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book light, cover, kindle