Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
petergrum
petergrum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Red face kindle 3 register shop in the kindle store problem

Hello, I have Kindle 3 wi-fi. I connect to my home wi-fi network easy, web browser is working / ordinary pages like yahoo, wikipedia / but when i try to register my kindle or shop in the kindle store, I get the message :

Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please try again later.
If the problem persisits, please restart
your Kindle from the menu in Settings and try again.

I talked to amazon kindle support twice but it was no help, they registered it manually / i can see it in my account at amazon /, but device-kindle is still not registered.They said that something blocks or stops secure content sending from my kindle, I tried to change some setting in my router too.
Could you please someone help ?
Thank you very much.

Last edited by petergrum; 01-16-2011 at 05:17 AM.
petergrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I suggest that until someone comes up with a solution you download kindle books to your PC and squirt them across.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergrum View Post
Hello, I have Kindle 3 wi-fi. I connect to my home wi-fi network easy, web browser is working / ordinary pages like yahoo, wikipedia / but when i try to register my kindle or shop in the kindle store, I get the message :

Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please try again later.
If the problem persisits, please restart
your Kindle from the menu in Settings and try again.

I talked to amazon kindle support twice but it was no help, they registered it manually / i can see it in my account at amazon /, but device-kindle is still not registered.They said that something blocks or stops secure content sending from my kindle, I tried to change some setting in my router too.
Could you please someone help ?
Thank you very much.
The first thing I would do is take your Kindle somewhere that offers free wifi, like McDonalds or Krystal or a coffee shop (or whatever is available in your area), and see if it can successfully connect there. If so, then you definitely know that your router is blocking.

Kindle-to-Amazon traffic utilizes specific servers. On the wifi models, regular web traffic (wiki, yahoo, etc) goes direct, rather than through a proxy like 3G traffic does, so you can connect to that stuff.

Rather than contacting Amazon again, I would contact tech support for your router. If there's any sort of traffic monitoring or blocking being done by the router, it may be seeing the Kindle as a suspicious device and blocking suspect traffic.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
petergrum

I did it, I went to the city and tried three different free wifi networks in shoping centres, but it was the same. I think that problem will not be in my home network.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did it, I went to the city and tried three different free wifi networks in shoping centres, but it was the same. I think that problem will not be in my home network.
Darn, I was hoping it would end up being something simple, but at least now Amazon has to deal with it because it's definitely a Kindle problem. I'm pretty sure at this point they will have no choice but to replace it, unless they can figure out why their server seems to be refusing to authenticate your Kindle's communication. They're usually really good about returns, but the time and process involved depends on where you are.
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I got a replacement Kindle within a week, from overseas, last november.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
yep, definitely time for a call to kindle tech support. fortunately you couldn't be dealing with a nicer bunch of folks
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:53 AM   #8
petergrum

Thumbs up

Hello,

after yesterday phone call with amazon support they will replace my kindle. Estimated arrival time is January 27th. I am curious to see how will the new kindle work, I will leave a message here then.

Thank you very much to all of you who tried to help.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
petergrum

solution

Hello,

so my new kindle arrived yestreday , I turned it on and everything was ok. Registration, shoping in the kindle store, everything worked.
So definitely problem was not in my network but the first kindle was wrong.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #10
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Congratulations on your new Kindle - again.

Tags
kindle 3, kindle store, register, wi-fi