Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Rooting threads and Reading threads be separated?
Yes 24 66.67%
No 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Should rooting threads have their own (sub) forum?

Just wondering...it seems that a lot of the content about rooting is more technical and less oriented to just using the device -- not much different from the type of content in the Android forum. In fact, thats what it is -- a Android tablet no different from whats over there.

Shouldn't these technical discussions go over there...or into their own sub forum here?

Now the forum is littered with rooting information that makes it difficult to do research or communicate about the original Nook or just about...reading on the NC.

The title of the website is Mobileread, not Mobileroot.

Last edited by RockdaMan; 12-26-2010 at 11:10 AM.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Wow, too much free time on your hands. You're not even providing any type of assistance to anyone here. What do you do, bounce from forum to forum looking to stir up strife.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Isn't there a Nook forum right over at Barnes and Noble?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

YES!!!!!!

It probably won't happen, but it should. Many of us could care less about rooting right now, if ever, so it would be nice to see a Root prefix before the thread title.

EDIT: I posted about the same time as #2 and #3 posts, so did not see theirs until after my posting. Judging from some of the posts, no most of the posts, related to NC rooting I have to say that the rooting folks are starting to act a lot like the Applephiles, especially the iPadophiles. There is no need to get mean with folks because they don't agree 100% with what you write. I personally have a hell of a lot of Karma, and I agree that there SHOULD BE a ROOT prefix added.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-26-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

It's right here. You can use for your non-rooted Nook/Nook Color.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...ds/ct-p/eBooks
Old 12-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
YES!!!!!!

It probably won't happen, but it should. Many of us could care less about rooting right now, if ever, so it would be nice to see a Root prefix before the thread title.
Thats another good idea.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
It's right here. You can use for your non-rooted Nook/Nook Color.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...ds/ct-p/eBooks
The B&N forums are useless and I already posted that on those forums! And you just proved my point. Face it, some of us like the NC for what it is despite the terrible, lackluster Andriod OS which should be renamed Impotent OS. If Android ever grows up and becomes a tablet OS I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if someone succesfully installs Windows 7 on the NC.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
YES!!!!!!

EDIT: I posted about the same time as #2 and #3 posts, so did not see theirs until after my posting. Judging from some of the posts, no most of the posts, related to NC rooting I have to say that the rooting folks are starting to act a lot like the Applephiles, especially the iPadophiles. There is no need to get mean with folks because they don't agree 100% with what you write. I personally have a hell of a lot of Karma, and I agree that there SHOULD BE a ROOT prefix added.
I agree with the root prefix. Great idea.

With regard to being mean with folks , that's not me. I will call it like I see it though.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Okay, guys, I got it. I just didn't think it was such a big deal to have 3 or 4 threads going on it, but I don't run the forum, so go crazy.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
EDIT: I have to say that the rooting folks are starting to act a lot like the Applephiles, especially the iPadophiles. There is no need to get mean with folks because they don't agree 100% with what you write.
This.

I'm interested in the stock ereader. Take the modification and other technical discussions somewhere more appropriate, or let us avoid them as easily as possible.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
This.

I'm interested in the stock ereader. Take the modification and other technical discussions somewhere more appropriate, or let us avoid them as easily as possible.
I'm all for it. Please don't come traipsing in those threads if all you want to do is antagonize with no intent on learning something, and have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
all you want to do is antagonize
You're antagonizing me. Please, stop it.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

You're right. I'll ignore you as was suggested.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
RockdaMan
Banned

Thank you oh master of the root.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #15
JMyers
Enthusiast
JMyers began at the beginning.

Device: classic nook
I think they should. I have a classic nook that is not rooted and at the moment I don't want to root it.
JMyers is offline   Reply With Quote