Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
SunnyE
SunnyE began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3G+WiFi
Kindle 3.0.2 reboots in flight (airplane), when trying to wake up

My first posting and first eBook experience. Let me start by saying after MONTHS of research I have to admit Kindle rocks (over Sony, B&N, etc.)

Anyways, so I bought Kindle 3G+Wifi few weeks ago, and upgraded to 3.0.2 before leaving on trip. While on the airplane, every time I woke up Kindle 3 from sleep, it crashed and started to reboot. This happened on all flights on my 1 week journey. Coincidently, I found another Kindle user on flight and she had never experienced the same. I have replaced my device with another but haven't traveled again yet. Sharing my experience in case others have seen anything like this. I will update if I get a chance to try the new one on flight again.

Overall great device, just a few kinks but I think its much better than Sony and others.
SunnyE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flight, kindle, reboot