Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
As far as i can see, no one was slagging KOBO regarding geographic restrictions... it's not their fault.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #17
shall1028
Zealot
shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kobo
By changing the first reply post to:

Kobo could add to this list: "The right not to have ebooks you want to purchase denied to you because of geographic restrictions."

my whole misunderstanding could have been avoided.

It originally appeared that the commenter was criticizing the Kobo "Bill of Rights" for not including it. The "Kobo could add to the list" shows a commiseration with what they were intending rather than giving the appearance of negative criticism for its omission.

I should have followed my own precept to avoid replying to very short replies as the shorter the original reply the more room for misunderstanding.
shall1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #18
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by shall1028 View Post
I should have followed my own precept to avoid replying to very short replies as the shorter the original reply the more room for misunderstanding.
Correct!
Have a cookie
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #19
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
More then that have some karma.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote