Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Thanks to everybody. I will use the first solution proposed by charleski.
I am developing a small utility that converts BookDesigner html0 files to clean html with css (see my signature in case anybody is interested). In the current version, I am replacing the BD's blank lines(<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>) with <br />, but I will soom upload a new version that doesn't use <br /> at all.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:06 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcejedi View Post
With the <div> method, you have to use CSS to ensure that the <div> doesn't end up at the end of a page.
If you follow the usual style in English, of having no indent after a scene break, it wouldn't matter much (other than aesthetically) if the break is placed at the bottom of a page. If you see a blank space at the end of a page and the next page starts with no indent, there's a scene break; if there is indent, that's a normal paragraph break, with widow/orphan control.

Or you could use something to mark scene breaks. Project Gutenberg books use a group of asterisks, even if the original printed book had just some vertical space:

Code:
<div class="scene-break">*&nbsp;*&nbsp;*</div>
(ideally, that would use the "content" CSS property, but it's not included in the ePUB standard)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote