Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #241
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
try it with --run-pages --smart-cut --rotation=90

Alternatively use one of the profiles in pdflrfwin
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #242
adinb
RSS & Gadget Addict!
adinb is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, iPhone
Network World settings

Anyone have any settings that they're in love with for network world, computer world, or eweek?

Network World is *just* the wrong size -- the fonts are just too small to read in the normal "landscape" profile, and 2col splits the pages in the middle of columns of text.

thanks!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #243
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacapee View Post
try it with --run-pages --smart-cut --rotation=90

Alternatively use one of the profiles in pdflrfwin
I'm using pdflrfwin (as noted earlier). I can't get the right combination of options. Anybody?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #244
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 Archos 704 wifi
pdflrf default processing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
I'm using pdflrfwin (as noted earlier). I can't get the right combination of options. Anybody?
Is this (pictures attached) what you need or something else?

The left hand photos in each of two images are original pdfs, the right hand photos are lrfs after pdflrf 0.99 for Windows processing with default settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DrMoze portrait.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	595.0 KB
ID:	6206   Click image for larger version

Name:	DrMoze landscape.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	537.9 KB
ID:	6207  
Old 10-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #245
mrkai
Bit Wrangler
mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yeah hi...

Is there a particular reason why this software isn't available for mac os x? I can build it if needed...its what I do

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #246
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkai View Post
Is there a particular reason why this software isn't available for mac os x? I can build it if needed...its what I do
cacapee will be releasing the source quite shortly (see earlier in the thread), after that we will be able to port/add features as needed.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #247
emkay
Connoisseur
emkay began at the beginning.

Hi cacapee,
Thanks for this really useful tool. Could it output pdf too?

I'm an iLiad user, looking for a tool with a GUI to split my two page landscape PDFs into single page PDFs. I've been doing this in a slow roundabout way. I did a test with pdflrf and it worked really well. I can't do much with the resultant lrf though!
Happy to donate to your project if you can help.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #248
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

pdf via png

[QUOTE=emkay;107331]Hi cacapee,
Thanks for this really useful tool. Could it output pdf too?
QUOTE]

I have suggested this to cacapee before and he included (zipped) png input and output making his tool a universal one (you can easily convert/print png to pdf). Apparently the library modules he uses for pdflrf provide for png rather than pdf output.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #249
emkay
Connoisseur
emkay began at the beginning.

OK, thanks for that. The output options aren't so clear in the GUI.

EDIT: That's worked really well. Good results, and quite a small pdf from the png files compared to the original, which was also image based. And very quick to use.

Last edited by emkay; 10-17-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #250
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacapee View Post
Almost there. I'm presently porting over to Qt.
any update? if you want, I can try to help you with it...
Old 10-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #251
ctennenh
ctennenh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
PDFLRF for OS X

I'm new here and have read everything I can about reading technical PDFs on the Reader, (which I'm hopefully getting soon). Add me to the throngs asking about its use in OS X, and thanking the author for it. Is the current Linux version usable from the terminal?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #252
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
OK, thanks for that. The output options aren't so clear in the GUI.

EDIT: That's worked really well. Good results, and quite a small pdf from the png files compared to the original, which was also image based. And very quick to use.
Well, obviously I'm missing something. I just downloaded version 0.99 for Windows and I can see no way to have it output either PNG of PDF. No matter what I try, I get a LRF.

Last edited by jbenny; 10-17-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:11 AM   #253
ereszet
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Well, obviously I'm missing something. I just downloaded version 0.99 for Windows and I can see no way to have it output either PNG of PDF. No matter what I try, I get a LRF.
You should change the extension of output file name from lrf to zip or rar.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #254
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Thanks. I later found out about using .zip to get the PNGs. I still don't see how to get a PDF out of it, without using another program, like ImageMagic.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 AM   #255
ereszet
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Thanks. I later found out about using .zip to get the PNGs. I still don't see how to get a PDF out of it, without using another program, like ImageMagic.
pdflrf does not support pdf output directly. There is a plethora of free programs to convert/print png to pdf.
Closed Thread