Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Singanddance
Singanddance began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for Droid
Reading footnotes w/ the Kindle app for Droid

How do you read the footnotes? I've tried the menu and other intuitive ideas and it doesn't seem to work. Disappointing for nonfiction not to be able to check out those bold claims...
Singanddance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
On the ones I have tried it for: tap the footnote indicater. It will move you to the note. (In mine this is really just a hyperlink and therefore works the same as any other.)
To get back, call up the menu and hit the back button.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singanddance View Post
How do you read the footnotes? I've tried the menu and other intuitive ideas and it doesn't seem to work. Disappointing for nonfiction not to be able to check out those bold claims...
Is it not a touchscreen? All you should need to do is tap the hyperlink.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Singanddance
Singanddance began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is it not a touchscreen? All you should need to do is tap the hyperlink.
Yeah, it doesn't work. Starred footnotes will let me read them, but I can't get back (the 'back' indicator on the menu is not active). The endnotes aren't linked at all. I've sort of solved the problem by bookmarking the endnotes so I can jump to them and back. It sounds like this is a problem unique to my droid, though, which is too bad.

I don't think I've rebooted since loading the app yesterday so maybe I should try that.
Singanddance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
On the ones I have tried it for: tap the footnote indicater. It will move you to the note. (In mine this is really just a hyperlink and therefore works the same as any other.)
To get back, call up the menu and hit the back button.
Yes, that is how it works for me.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Having no "back" facility from a hyperlink is a problem which many reading devices have. Assuming your device has a "goto page x" facility (most do), all you have to do is make a mental note of the page number before jumping to the endnote, and then use that page number to get back to where you were.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote