|08-01-2010, 10:45 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: ipaq 114
Open and save an epub in sigil - won't load in Freda
Excellent forum and community activity !
Maybe I do something wrong, but I experience the following behavior.
I have an epub, that I created by :
1. Load a pdf in Acrobat Pro 9, Save as HTML 3.
2. HTML to epub conversion via latest Calibre.
I can open this epub both on the PC via Adobe Digital Editions and on my ipaq via Freda.
Now I just open this epub on Sigil, and do a Save/Save As. No editing.
The new epub is opened OK on Adobe Digital Editions, but on Freda it seems to never finish the loading. It just give the running wheel for ever.
I do see that Sigil generated some TOC entries. I removed those but this does not seems to solve it.
Have anyone seen this ? Am I missing something ?
When I ran epubcheck on the file before and after the Sigil operation, it shows the same errors. Even after fixing those, I get the same problem.
This issue is not critical to me, as I am waiting for two or three month to decide which Ebook reader to buy, so I will not use Freda much.
( New Kindle looks good - but lacks epub support, and I want to see what will the Hanlin A6 be like )
|08-01-2010, 01:32 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Could you check a few things for me:
1) Are you running the latest version of Freda? (the initial screen should say Freda 2.0 and build number 104) - if not, please download the latest version from http://www.turnipsoft.co.uk/freda
2) Did Freda create a log file? (it will be in the file logfile.txt, in the Freda program folder) - if so, please email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) If possible, please can you send me the book that Freda cannot open (i.e. the one saved by Sigil) - and I will debug and report back.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|epub load time, possible file optimizations?||takamatsu||Kobo Reader||8||07-09-2010 03:54 AM|
|Importing Open Office HTML in Sigil||paulpeer||Sigil||17||03-18-2010 04:23 AM|
|error messge when trying to load epub to calibre from Sony prs700||Sarahp624||Calibre||2||01-03-2010 07:32 PM|
|"PK": Only text when I open in Sigil an ePub file generated with Calibre||Terisa de morgan||Sigil||3||12-14-2009 11:24 AM|
|sigil doesn't open epub file||cyberbaffled||Sigil||8||11-10-2009 03:28 PM|