Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 AM   #1
canfish
canfish began at the beginning.

Device: +27 (073) 2426052
Hi

I've just joined this forum, so Hi Everybody!
Apart from the greeting, I would like some feed back.

I find reading directly from my PC difficult so I would like to take the download text to read in my favourite chair. I'm thinking about buying an Iliad Reader and I want to know if this would be a good move?
canfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
Hi, canfish, welcome to MobileRead!

Buying the iLiad might be a good move, but there are others that might be just as good or better. Since you're asking about the iLiad, I'm assuming you're interested in e-ink, so I'll just note that there are a number of well-respected non-e-ink devices if you're interested in those.

Where are you located? If it's in the U.S. for example, then you have the Sony Reader as an option too, but that one gets complicated if you live outside the U.S.

There are also a couple of new e-ink devices reportedly coming out next month, Bookeen's Gen3 and Amazon's Kindle, the Bookeen should be available internationally, but we haven't heard anything about the Kindle.

There's also the question of which book formats you prefer to deal with, that may have some bearing on your decision too.

I'd suggest you browse the forums, particularly the "Which One Should I Buy" forum (which will likely cover a lot of your questions right off) and keep asking questions 'till you get a good feel for which way you want to go.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote