|04-08-2012, 11:25 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
Kindle Fire Newbie?
I just purchased a Kindle Fire during the $139 sale
I have a few questions Im hoping you can help with to get me started
1. How do I get Gmail to work on the Fire?
2. Recommendations for top apps to improve functionality
Ex Browser, Keyboard, Battery
3. I keep getting an error message on the browser "Script stopped running" and browser restarts
4. Several websites I frequent are saying I need to download Adobe Flash. Is there a way to do this since not an Amazon App?
5. Any other info that may be useful?
6. I also am trying out a Kindle Touch Do the Fire and Touch interact well together?
This info will help me decide to keep Fire or return for a true tablet
|04-08-2012, 11:38 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Device: Kindle Fire
1) I find that the K-9 email client available in the Amazon Appstore is the best gmail client. Works like a charm.
2) Several browser options available if you don't like Silk. Maxthon has one available in the Amazon Appstore. Others are available as sideloads from sources like "Getjar." For battery monitoring, try the Badass battery monitoring software. It will help you diagnose where your battery drain is going. You might also try the "Android Assistant." As far as keyboards are concerned, you're stuck with the stock keyboard. (Rooting may enable different keyboards but I doubt it.)
3) The error message sounds like a website problem possibly combined with incompatibility with the Silk browser. Try the Maxthon browser and see if you run into the same problem.
4) Enable flash in the settings for the web browser.
5) Lots of other useful information is available. Hang around and ask questions.
6) Yes, they work well together. You'll find the touch is a much better e-reader in the sun while the KF has other advantages. If the two devices are registered to the same Amazon account, your progress on one device will be (optionally) reflected on the other device.
|04-08-2012, 12:24 PM||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
try reading the sticky threads( 3 of them) shown at the top of the Fires forums area here:
they will help with tricks and must have apps.
we will help with the other issues as well
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Trade Kindle Fire with cover for Kindle 3G - Touch?||weatherman||Flea Market||3||04-18-2012 10:09 PM|
|Kindle Fire same as Kindle ebooks on Android devices?||rutgurt||Kindle Fire||7||11-19-2011 12:22 PM|