Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
jnedge
jnedge began at the beginning.

Device: Lots of EE's - Ice, Midnight, Red 6 PE's - Black, Red
EE video playback problems

Sorry if this has been addressed before (and I have no doubt it has) but for some reason I can't find anything on it so here goes.

When I try to playback video (wmv) on my EE, whether using FS or Movie/Camera, it either brings up the play control then goes black or goes straight to black. Either way, no video playback.

Any insights? These are known good wmv files.
jnedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnedge View Post
Sorry if this has been addressed before (and I have no doubt it has) but for some reason I can't find anything on it so here goes.

When I try to playback video (wmv) on my EE, whether using FS or Movie/Camera, it either brings up the play control then goes black or goes straight to black. Either way, no video playback.

Any insights? These are known good wmv files.

The eDGe doesn't support wmv (see the attached Info sheet). You need to download a program which can convert the video into a format the eDGe supports. I usually convert Flash (.flv) and Windows (.wmv) videos to MP4.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf enTourage eDGe Info Sheet.pdf (940.6 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-17-2012 at 12:02 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
jnedge
jnedge began at the beginning.

Device: Lots of EE's - Ice, Midnight, Red 6 PE's - Black, Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
The eDGe doesn't support wmv (see the attached Info sheet). You need to download a program which can convert the video into a format the eDGe supports. I usually convert Flash (.flv) and Windows (.wmv) videos to MP4.
Interesting, because I HAVE been able to watch wmv files on it. The problem seems to arise when I load several of them to an SD card or directly on the EE.

Anyway, I will give the mp4 format a go.
jnedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnedge View Post
Interesting, because I HAVE been able to watch wmv files on it. The problem seems to arise when I load several of them to an SD card or directly on the EE.

Anyway, I will give the mp4 format a go.

I guess it could be possible that the eDGe played some non-copyright wmv videos, but a lot of wmv files have DRM protected content which might explain the problem. I wouldn't know for sure because I strictly use mp4. However, I may try a non-DRM wmv just out of curiosity.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote