|06-25-2011, 06:52 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2011
DXG & Duokan Newbie
I have ordered a Kindle DXG , and should be receiving it by the end of the week. I am very interested in running Duokan on it. Right now it is my mission to gather all information relevant to it.
So here goes;
1) Duokan is compatible with DXG as i understand. Do i need a specific version of the firmware before i install duokan or is it not dependent on it ?
2) I am getting the English UI version from http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
Is this the latest version ?
3) What advantages does a 3.1 Fw have on a DXG? In terms of pdf support...
4) Anything i need to be aware of before i follow the steps on the site?
5) What is duokan Lite ? I read that it does not have any supported file formats except txt :|
Last edited by rickomuer; 06-25-2011 at 06:55 PM.
|06-25-2011, 11:00 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Georgia, USA
Device: A sweet PRS-500, DXG
Most of the information you require is on the duokan download page.
For the least amount of pain:
* Read and fully understand the material BEFORE starting the upgrade.
* Fully charge your DXG and ensure it is operating properly BEFORE starting.
Note: The latest official Amazon firmware for the DXG is 2.5.8.
I had it on my DXG for a while but went back to the official firmware after a glitch caused the loss of several books. I was probably my fault and it recovered ok but I didn't want to spend any more time screwing with the software - I just want to read my books! And the DXG is one sweet e-reader.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Going insane DXG/Duokan||mmlife||Amazon Kindle||4||06-04-2011 12:16 AM|
|Duokan geht nicht bei geupdatetem DXG?||Trantorx||Amazon Kindle||0||02-12-2011 08:02 PM|
|Newbie question about Kindle & Calibre||mdumas||Calibre||3||05-26-2010 05:30 PM|
|Newbie Looking for Someone to Convert .lit's & .pdf's||timtony||Workshop||7||01-08-2008 10:21 PM|