Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #1066
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Tar and feather? I thought it was far and tether.

Hold on a moment, I've got to go a long, long way away and untie Slite.

Cheers,
Marc (who wishes it was that simple)
Sorry Marc, english is not my primary language and (even if i'm embarrassed by this) i didn't get your post right.

What do you mean with "Hold on a moment, I've got to go a long, long way away and untie Slite."...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #1067
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Sorry Marc, english is not my primary language and (even if i'm embarrassed by this) i didn't get your post right.

What do you mean with "Hold on a moment, I've got to go a long, long way away and untie Slite."...
hee ! netseeker, marc was making a pun on "tar and feather"... slite is a member who lives in sweden (far from marc) and hasn't been seen in a long time and we miss him, (so maybe somebody tethered him, that is "tied him up")...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #1068
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Marc is a warrior of the word and he played around again.

Slite's a town in Sweden and things are not as simple as they used to be!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 04-19-2009 at 02:44 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #1069
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Ah, now i got it.

Thank you, zelda.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #1070
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Ah, now i got it.

Thank you, zelda.
no worries, lots of references there...
<channelling marc> "it's all a rich tapestry" </channelling marc>
Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #1071
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no worries, lots of references there...
<channelling marc> "it's all a rich tapestry" </channelling marc>
If Marc tarfeather-fartethered Slite, he´s in a whole lot of trouble. Don´t underestimate the strength of Swedish-German friendships based on terrifying experiences at IKEA and the collective consumption of BLOSSA Starksweinglögg
I still miss the guy

Last edited by ravenne; 04-19-2009 at 03:00 PM.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #1072
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
If Marc tarfeather-farteathered Slite, he´s in a whole lot of trouble. Don´t underestimate the strength of Swedish-German friendships based on terrifying experiences at IKEA and the collective consumption of BLOSSA Starksweinglögg
I still miss the guy
So do I. But seeing how easily one is tethered up for a while, I have not given up hope yet.

Speaking of a IKEA: Those guys have a mission.They do their best to rebuild the mythical labyrinth wherever they can.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 04-19-2009 at 03:04 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #1073
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Slite doesn't need feathers, he's covered with fur......

How do you get tar off fur?... Without cutting off the said fur?

Urrgh! What a mess !
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #1074
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I still miss the guy
Me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
So do I. But seeing how easily one is tethered up for a while, I have not given up hope yet.

Speaking of a IKEA: Those guys have a mission.They do their best to rebuild the mythical labyrinth wherever they can.
Now that explains a lot
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #1075
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Me as well
and me.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #1076
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post

Now that explains a lot
Actually, if you chop the top off an IKEA store (which by itself is a very sane move), and look at the floor plan you see a rune of summoning for an elder evil the likes of which even H.P. Lovecraft could not envisage. The only reason looking at the store maps doesn't work is that part of the rune is made from the weird "rooms" they put their sample furniture in. Which probably explains why it doesn't fit any normal room. And if you get too much of it you will go mad as your brain tries to process part of a rune of summoning.

Any comments here about Ikea therefore leading to ruin are simply a figment of the readers imagination channelling Mrs Malaprop.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #1077
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
wiki milestones

The 500th user has just joined our wiki. Of course there are also a few others that add to the site without an account but an account is encouraged.

While I am talking about the wiki. The original pages were spot on and remain the highest hit pages on the site. However the PRS505 page has risen to the seventh highest page 62,813 hits. It is the youngest page to get to the top 10 pages. Started in Oct 2007 (shortly after I joined but I did not start it), it is only the second in the top 10 that was started after 2006. The Board Designer page is number 5 with 67,140. It was begun in April 2007.

Congratulations to wiki contributors.

Of the pages that I started the highest ranked is the Amazon Kindle, started Nov 2007 and ranked 17th.

There are now 8 German pages in the wiki with the highest ranked at over 700 hits.

Dale

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #1078
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The 500th user has just joined our wiki. Of course there are also a few others that add to the site without an account but an account is encouraged.

While I am talking about the wiki. The original pages were spot on and remain the highest hit pages on the site. However the PRS505 page has risen to the seventh highest page 62,813 hits. It is the youngest page to get to the top 10 pages. Started in Oct 2007 (shortly after I joined but I did not start it), it is only the second in the top 10 that was started after 2006. The Board Designer page is number 5 with 67,140. It was begun in April 2007.

Congratulations to wiki contributors.

Of the pages that I started the highest ranked is the Amazon Kindle, started Nov 2007 and ranked 17th.

There are now 8 German pages in the wiki with the highest ranked at over 700 hits.

Dale

Dale
great news dale !! and thank you for all the great work you've done to make the wiki such an amazing ressource around here. congratulations ! here's to the next 500 users and the next million hits.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #1079
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Actually, if you chop the top off an IKEA store (which by itself is a very sane move), and look at the floor plan you see a rune of summoning for an elder evil the likes of which even H.P. Lovecraft could not envisage. The only reason looking at the store maps doesn't work is that part of the rune is made from the weird "rooms" they put their sample furniture in. Which probably explains why it doesn't fit any normal room. And if you get too much of it you will go mad as your brain tries to process part of a rune of summoning.

Any comments here about Ikea therefore leading to ruin are simply a figment of the readers imagination channelling Mrs Malaprop.
you know what, i didn't chop off the top of it to verify but this explains a lot about my last trip to ikea...
Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #1080
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That's really encouraging news, Dale. We should all be grateful to you for your continuing work with the wiki, which is a wonderful resource.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote