Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #91
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
as far as I tried yet, I didn't experience any noticable speed improvements on my 600. I think I wouldn't risk an upgrade for that. If you like to have new features, then go for it.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #92
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by snlu178 View Post
Has anyone flashed PRS 900?

What are the changes? speed improvements?

Thanks
Yes, flashed mine several times as boroda was working on the firmware, last was with 1.02e. Can't say I noticed improvements in speed (nor did I expect any), here's what I get from it:
  1. Cyrillic support (I modified the 1.02e with pepak's EPUB hack so I have the support both in LRF & EPUB; 1.03b includes the EPUB hack already so no extra steps are required)
  2. Screenshot ability
  3. Clock display
  4. On-the-fly switching of keyboard between English and Russian.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #93
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
As anything been said about placing a orientation functionality into the upcoming software?
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #94
snlu178
snlu178 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
I have tried to run this many times on my PRS 900. It moves the files to the Reader but when it comes time to run the script it says the Reader is not connected to the PC.

Anyone have this issue? Any way to resolve?
snlu178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #95
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by snlu178 View Post
I have tried to run this many times on my PRS 900. It moves the files to the Reader but when it comes time to run the script it says the Reader is not connected to the PC.

Anyone have this issue? Any way to resolve?
Run as "System Administrator"
Worked for Windows Vista

Last edited by osowiecki; 02-13-2010 at 08:24 PM.
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #96
snlu178
snlu178 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
OK it installed. I have a clock, awesome! Cant get it off 24 hours, whatever, still awesome. Not sure how to make the vol screenshot work, who cares I have a clock.

Thanks for the advice...

Here is hoping a great coder makes this so much more. I think there could be great things done to this software.
snlu178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #97
tnronin
Zealot

snlu178, to change the clock out of 24hr go to the about section. "0" lets you change it. Also you won't get a confirmation on the screen shot. but once the volume indicators come up (whatever the term is) you will have a screen shot saved on the 900. HTH.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:05 AM   #98
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
So, I am trying to do this hack so I can add notes and the clock, but I am still confused as to which one I am supposed to download (I have the Sony PRS-300) because the link I am looking at http://translate.googleusercontent.c...bAF367_dVW6whw says it changes font to russian, which I can't read
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #99
tnronin
Zealot

Simon, maybe you are slightly confused. To my knowledge you can't do notes with the 300 and IIRC dutch is replaced by russian, so you don't have to worry about that.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #100
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
yeah, I definitely was confused then Oh well.. I guess I will have to wait until my next reader purchase
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #101
tnronin
Zealot

sorry, I was half hoping you knew something and I was the wrong one. Bummer.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #102
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Did anyone try to use the screenshot feature? My finger is almost falling off my hand. I did hold vol+ vol- for so long to get a screenshot and still, I cannot find the pictures anywhere on the reader.

Ok, I found it. Go to about screen. The description in brackets are the buttons you have to press to cycle through the options. In case of screenshot press + (the zoom button) to change from mute to screenshot and back. Press Option button to cycle through different clock settings.

Last edited by Mike_73; 03-12-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Sorry, found the solution
Old 03-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #103
tofubean
Connoisseur
tofubean is on a distinguished road

Device: K3, iPad, PW
I was wondering how to get a screenshot too. Thanks for the tip. And i turn off the clock. It seems to deplete the battery life more.
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #104
Mike_73
Guru

Battery life is a good one. I was getting about 1 week battery life with the clock on and using an SD-Card. In that week, I was heavily using the zoom and pan for my pdfs.

Ok, here we go. Last weekend, I read about the possibility that using the SD-card depletes the battery faster. So I copied all files from SD to internal memory. I wasn't so much using the zoom and pan as the week before, but yesterday when I hooked up the reader to the pc, there was only 1 bar of the battery gone.

With the clock display, try toggling through the different settings. If it says something with "tick", the display will be refreshed every minute to show the current time. If the "tick" is not displayed in the options, time will only be refreshed if you turn the page (or jump into any menu).
Old 03-16-2010, 04:59 AM   #105
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhoy View Post
After Russifying using the boroda method I reset my reader and after that it kept reseting instantly after saying opening book (no longer than a second afterwards), my reader was unable to connect to my pc and it reset too early to do a hard reset. After trying to fix my reader for an entire day I called Sony hoping that they would be able to have a solution (without admitting too much). The tech support guy had no idea what to do (after exhausting all possible troubleshooting methods), so he offered to send another one because I was still in warranty.

After the "fix" I now have the clock and other features. While waiting for Sony to send another Reader I said "What the heck" and tried to find more options to get my Reader up and started again. I wanted to see if there was a solution because I still wanted the clock. After another day of searching I came across a weird tip for the PRS-505. Someone was able to unbrick their 505 by rebooting then resetting as soon as the "opening book" screen started 10 times. I was out of options so I tried it endlessly (maybe 25-40 times) and it came back on.

It did flash. I just had a weird experience. Hopefully this will help anyone who runs into the same problem. BTW my Sony has already arrived. That was fast.
Ok. Now I also have this problem (Guess I forgot to "remove the device" in Windows after flashing).

Anyone else can confirm that method?

thx
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs 300, prs 505, prs 600, prs 700