Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
sovngarde
sovngarde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre will not open in Windows

Hello, please instruct if this is the wrong place for this inquiry-

I have the newest update for calibre installed and am unable to open the program on windows. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, installing previous version, opening via administrator. I dont get a pop up, I try to open the program and nothing happens. Nothing in task manager, zero pop up. It opened perfectly fine on 11/24.

Here is a screenshot of the cmd screen if this helps

At a loss at this point as to what is going on but I presume it may have something to do with the update since it worked fine for me up until a few days ago after the update came out. (But then again the previous version doesnt work for me anymore either so who knows. )

Please let me know if any more additional info is needed or point me in the right direction if there is already a thread on this. Thank you!
sovngarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
do try the latest 7.1
(FWIW there was a patch to 7.0)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2023, 09:38 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstall, delete C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2
(or wherever you chose to install calibre). Then re-install. And
dont worry, uninstalling will not affect your books/settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote