Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2023, 04:04 PM   #1
_Calculated_
_Calculated_ began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Custom Homescreen

Is there a way to have a completely customized home screen?

I'm sorry, I am sure this has been asked a ton of times but I can't find a clear answer.

I just want to have a simple gui with control over how my books/articles are organized (folders). I went through the jailbreak mainly to get rid of all the amazon stuff. I keep my device in airplane mode at all times and want to avoid dealing with amazon at all. Is this possible?
_Calculated_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:30 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Calculated_ View Post
Is there a way to have a completely customized home screen?

I'm sorry, I am sure this has been asked a ton of times but I can't find a clear answer.

I just want to have a simple gui with control over how my books/articles are organized (folders). I went through the jailbreak mainly to get rid of all the amazon stuff. I keep my device in airplane mode at all times and want to avoid dealing with amazon at all. Is this possible?
You can not organize books in folders with the kindle native UI.

If you install koreader, you can access books from a folder structure, but you will need to convert any kindle books to EPUB. But this also allows you to buy and read EPUB books and not have to deal with amzon books.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2023, 02:14 PM   #3
_Calculated_

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
You can not organize books in folders with the kindle native UI.

If you install koreader, you can access books from a folder structure, but you will need to convert any kindle books to EPUB. But this also allows you to buy and read EPUB books and not have to deal with amzon books.
Awesome, thanks again jps. Whats the best way to support you guys btw?
Old 02-06-2023, 02:20 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Calculated_ View Post
Awesome, thanks again jps. Whats the best way to support you guys btw?
Buy everyone a Kindle Touch to (hopefully) future proof from KFX.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:22 PM   #5
_Calculated_

Here are the instructions for installing koreader:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...Kindle-devices
Advert