Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-30-2022, 04:50 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Not all mobi shows custom fonts (with jailbreak)

Yesterday I applied the last jailbreak to my PW5 (11th gen).

Now I set some custom fonts in fonts folder, but some ebooks do not show custom fonts and others do. All ebooks are sent by email, and all have been converted from ePub with Calibre with same conversion options.

Any clue?
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:54 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I found I had to install KUAL, then the font hack.

Currently, my PW4, once I update font stuff, restarts and bricks, and need a force restart to go work one more time.

My PW5 still not font hack installed.
Advert
Old 04-30-2022, 08:01 AM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Ok, I found I had to install KUAL, then the font hack.

Currently, my PW4, once I update font stuff, restarts and bricks, and need a force restart to go work one more time.

My PW5 still not font hack installed.
Without HACK, the font settings only work for the AZW and KFX files.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:28 AM   #4
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Without HACK, the font settings only work for the AZW and KFX files.
That is the reason I'm with the jailbreak, KUAL and so, to make available fonts to all ebooks, as side loaded KFX and AZW does not sync reading position across devices, but does not matter what I configure in Fonts KUAL menu, it does not work.

(Currently, change the font engine, my PW4 shows a completely blank screen after restart).
Old 04-30-2022, 09:30 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

I gave up. Restores both kindles to vanilla firmware.

But found a workaround to send by email, sync across devices and have custom fonts with non-jailbreak firmware: take the ePub file, rename to txt and send by email.
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 11:46 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Just convert to azw3 in Calibre. It works for me.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:26 AM   #7
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Just convert to azw3 in Calibre. It works for me.
Now that allows send ePub directly, I'm doing that, and it is working and allowing custom fonts as well.