Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
JohnsonDRock
JohnsonDRock began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool Strange gaps after conversion

Hi!

I noticed when I convert from AZW or MOBI to PDF everything looks fine but if I try to copy-paste text, the pasted text has strange gaps.
Something like this: As pects, as ma jor mod i fiers of the Sun, Moon, and As cen dant, in troduce an other level of com plex ity.

I'm not really sure is this problem a conversion issue and I do apologize if it was already solved before.

Any help is appreciated!
JohnsonDRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try a different pdf reader software.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2021, 06:10 AM   #3
JohnsonDRock
JohnsonDRock began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Kovid!

Thank you for your quick reply and suggestion!

I did try to copy-paste the text from Acrobat Reader, Nitro PDF, and several browsers (opened via Calibre) and the problem still remains. However, if I do the copy-paste from MOBi opened in Calibre viewer, the text stays normal. Because of this, I think it's a conversion issue.
I was hoping that this could be solved by tweaking the conversion preferences but so far I didn't manage to figure this one out.

Last edited by JohnsonDRock; 06-23-2021 at 06:15 AM.
JohnsonDRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you suspect a conversion issue, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy and paste, pdf and calibre