Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #1
HFM1101
HFM1101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Missing artwork, Calibre workaround not working

Hi,
Just turned off airplane mode and been hit with the new code from amazon which is making all sideloaded books lose their coverart. Something to do with the ASIN missing from metadata. I tried to manually enter a few ASIN codes just to see if it would work, and at first it appeared to, but then when Kindle synced again, I lost all artwork.
I found this article online saying that Calibre has a fix, by just updating to the new version: https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...-covers-issue/

I have updated software. Problem persists. I have over 600 books on Kindle, most sideloaded. How can I get my artwork back? I have been searching google for hours and I'm stumped.
So grateful for any help, thanks.
HFM1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
HFM1101

I have tried this from the link:

Send the book to the Kindle with calibre
Disconnect the Kindle and wait for Amazon to destroy the cover
Reconnect the Kindle to calibre
Note that this workaround only works for books sent with calibre 4.17 or later.

I just tried with one title. I have version 4.18. I sent the book to Kindle in Calibre. I disconnected. Image showed briefly, then was destroyed. I reconnected to Calibre. I disconnected. The image appeared briefly before once again being destroyed.

Appreciate any help.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
HFM1101

My bad... I read on, and I was not using current kindle version. I have updated, and the previous instructions seem to be working, thank you.

Quick question... when I 'send to main device' when the book is already on the main device, am I creating a duplicate somewhere within the kindle (ie. using up too much storage) or does it simply write over it and replace? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it overwrites
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert