Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #1
lbutlr
Enthusiast
lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: iPhone
importing iBook ePub bundles

I put a bunch of ePubs into iBooks and I want to add them to calibre, but in order to do that it seems I have to .zip them and then rename them to .epub (Calibre 3.22.1 gives an error if I drag the .epub package into Calibre) and that loses the cover and other metadata.

Is there a better way to do this? Any chance of Calibre being able to import the iBooks ePub bundle?

(I am not talking about the .ibooks format, these are normal non-DRM epub files. I tried searching, but kept stumbling across .ibooks questions).

Last edited by lbutlr; 05-24-2018 at 07:14 AM.
lbutlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a script floating around that converts those into epub files that calibre can then import.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
lbutlr
Enthusiast
lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: iPhone
Turns out if you drag the epub files out of the iBooks library view (in the app, not the underlying folder structure), it saves them as regular epub files. Doh!
lbutlr is offline   Reply With Quote