Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-03-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
GeekNbOne
GeekNbOne began at the beginning.

Device: ubuntu
Calibre-server ubuntu server

I have started calibre-server through the command line calibre-server --daemonize on ubuntu server.

Now that I want to stop the process, there is two process, one that I can cancel and another one that is in stat s+ and change pid so I can't cancel.

The second process seems to me a listener. Is there a formal way to stop calibre-server from running when launch by the command line ?

Thanks!
GeekNbOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the --pidfile option, then you can stop it with

pkill -F /path/to/pidfile --signal SIGINT

But better is to create a service file for it to use with systemd, then you can use the system process control facilities. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert