Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
haidinhtuan
haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Changing default system font

Hi,

I'm the new user with Kobo devices and currently I'm happy with the Kobo Aura One. Because the default system font doesn't work properly in my language (Vietnamese), custom dictionaries and book titles look pretty bad.

Therefore, I would like to change the system font to another font, which supports Unicode. I haven't found a way yet, could someone give me a hint?

Thank you very much!
haidinhtuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
an idea:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=264224
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2016, 03:51 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Generally, the software tries to select a font that supports the appropriate charcters. If the default system font does not support a certain character set, the software tries to choose another font from among the other available fonts (from those that are part of the original software, as well as from the custom fonts). Unfortunately, this does not work properly in some cases. In those cases, the software "believes" that a certain font supports the needed characters, even though it does not. To work around this problem, you can delete all fonts that the software selects instead of the one you wish. Have a look at nickel GUI not displaying certain characters.

Note: In order to install custom fonts, create a directory "fonts" and put your font files into it.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
stevenam
stevenam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
My best try so far is following the

Modification for bad eyes

with my own modification of font to Bookerly
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt (13.8 KB, 467 views)
File Type: txt nickel.txt (152.3 KB, 419 views)
stevenam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:50 AM   #5
ntson
ntson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenam View Post
My best try so far is following the

Modification for bad eyes

with my own modification of font to Bookerly
You can try: https://tinhte.vn/threads/hoi-ve-kob...#post-49399330

Last edited by ntson; 04-01-2017 at 11:37 PM.
ntson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 AM   #6
astroner
astroner began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
https://tinhte.vn/threads/kobo-aura-...#post-49820025
astroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:25 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And how does that help?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote