Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 02:17 AM   #1
jdass
jdass began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4 amazon kindle
wont get list of books, progress unavailable

In the jobs area whenever I connect my galaxy s4 it says trying to get list of books on device but this action never completes! How do I get past this so I can actually send my ebooks to my device?
jdass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:06 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdass View Post
In the jobs area whenever I connect my galaxy s4 it says trying to get list of books on device but this action never completes! How do I get past this so I can actually send my ebooks to my device?
Let it run. It will complete, after it has scanned your entire device for ebooks. After it completes, you can configure the driver to only look in the directories you want it to.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2015, 02:43 AM   #3
jdass
jdass began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4 amazon kindle
mbovenka

How long would you estimate it should take to complete? I ask because I have let it go 20mins and nothing, running time continues to move but the progress never says anything but unavailable. I don't know if it matters but on my galaxy s4 I have no books whatsoever on the entire device... In the meantime I am going to go try what you said and just let run while I fall asleep shortly. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.
jdass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:59 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
How long would you estimate it should take to complete? I ask because I have let it go 20mins and nothing, running time continues to move but the progress never says anything but unavailable.
I don't know really, but I think 20 minutes may well be too short, especially if you have a lot of stuff on your phone. Leaving it running overnight should be enough
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
mbovenka

How long would you estimate it should take to complete? I ask because I have let it go 20mins and nothing, running time continues to move but the progress never says anything but unavailable. I don't know if it matters but on my galaxy s4 I have no books whatsoever on the entire device... In the meantime I am going to go try what you said and just let run while I fall asleep shortly. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.
The bigger the storage, the amount of stuff all add time to 'walk' the folder tree.
A new device, without accumulated user files should complete in less than 20.

Unlike dedicated readers, modern devices can expose many of the other OS utility folders to the scan (and possibly everything if rooted)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert