Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Is it even possible to run matchbox keyboard in xephyr?

This was causing me pain:

Code:
[root@kindle bin]# ./matchbox-keyboard
(nothing)

So I tried to xephyr things up. The run script here does all the messy parameters that I don't want to type into the command line.

Code:
[root@kindle bin]# ./run & ./matchbox-keyboard
I could add a picture of a black screen to show the lack of activity this induces.

On second thoughts I seem to remember twobob implying matchbox-kb could be used from xephyr... but how? I have no ideas as to why the above doesn't work and how it could be made to.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote