Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
AlanY
AlanY began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
problems with the ebook viewer

i'm using the viewer on a PC, as the pages getting further and further down the text size keep reducing. if I use the increse text icon, the page will skip back to previous pages that I'd read already.

that can't be a feature of the programme, what have I done wrong?
AlanY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
i'm using the viewer on a PC, as the pages getting further and further down the text size keep reducing. if I use the increse text icon, the page will skip back to previous pages that I'd read already.

that can't be a feature of the programme, what have I done wrong?
PC? Windows?

How are you paging down? Purple arrows, click in the scroll bar, Page Down key, Mouse wheel

BTW resizing fonts will shift your viewing position
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If I change the font size on my reader (sonys) because I forgot my glasses, the same thing happens. Not really abnormal as it has to repaginate the book.

I would suggest reconverting the book with a fixed font size.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
AlanY
AlanY began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
PC? Windows?

How are you paging down? Purple arrows, click in the scroll bar, Page Down key, Mouse wheel

BTW resizing fonts will shift your viewing position
it's windows XP. I've tried all but the purple arrows with the same problem.
AlanY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
it's windows XP. I've tried all but the purple arrows with the same problem.
Very strange.
Only the Aa with up/down arrows changes font size on XP (and Ubuntu)

Since you mentioned having vision issues: Do you use any of the Windows supplied (or 3rd party) screen assist tools? (My thinking is a weird interaction)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert