Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
alstein
Enthusiast
alstein began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Reader Software not showing all books

I recently downloaded and installed Sony Reader software version 1.1.02.10150. I assumed that it would replace my Sony Reader Library Software version 3.3.00.07130 which I was using to download purchases from the Reader store. In addition purchases from Kobo Books also went into the same software.

Once I installed the new software, I was surprised to find that I had both versions od the software on my PC. I had assumed that one would replace the other. In addition, the only books showing up in the Sony Reader software are those I purchased from the Sony Reader Store. None of my Kobo books are showing up. However, new purchases from the Kobo store now do go into the new Reader software, and not the old. I am now stuck with 2 separate reader applications, both with incomplete collections. Is there any way that I can import my Library from my old Sony Reader Library to my new one? I would then uninstall the older software.
alstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstein View Post
I recently downloaded and installed Sony Reader software version 1.1.02.10150. I assumed that it would replace my Sony Reader Library Software version 3.3.00.07130 which I was using to download purchases from the Reader store. In addition purchases from Kobo Books also went into the same software.

Once I installed the new software, I was surprised to find that I had both versions od the software on my PC. I had assumed that one would replace the other. In addition, the only books showing up in the Sony Reader software are those I purchased from the Sony Reader Store. None of my Kobo books are showing up. However, new purchases from the Kobo store now do go into the new Reader software, and not the old. I am now stuck with 2 separate reader applications, both with incomplete collections. Is there any way that I can import my Library from my old Sony Reader Library to my new one? I would then uninstall the older software.

The firs time I installed the new Reader software, it prompted me to import the library from the old software. I did and it worked (at least partially - it imported the documents, but not the annotations - but supposedly that was fixed).

I don't know how to 'trigger' that import prompt if you have already installed. My advice would be to use the device to transfer over - copy on your device from the old software, then use the device to copy into the new software. That is at least what I did to get all the annotations to transfer.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
alstein
Enthusiast
alstein began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Thanks.
alstein is offline   Reply With Quote